[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

Best thing for installing Echo speaks and many other apps is to use HPM. Getting the server installed is a separate process. You will need to decide if your are going to run your own server or use Heroku, which does have a fee.

1 Like

You lost me at Server :joy::joy:

I've just installed HPM and seemed to have managed to update one of my existing apps that I had previously installed.

So do I now just search for Echo Speaks, in the "Search by Keywords" tab?

Thanks, and apologies for the lack of knowledge :neutral_face:

Yes, HPM is kind of like the app store on google or apple. Keep in mind that if you choose to use Heroku there is a monthly fee involved. If you have a local server that will run docker you can locally host the ES application.

Same here. I ended up doing a clean install of a new app.

is there an ARM 64 docker image for this?

@parish99 check my guide, just below the Compose yaml code there is instructions for how to swap a line out for building your own image. All you need is portainer, or it should work for Docker-Compose as well.

With the still crazy inflated Raspberry PI's, what is everyone using for this?

Raspberry Pi 4 stock seems to be increasing at official vendors. I got a CanaKit Extreme 1 GB just to run the Echo Speaks server a while back, works fine, still in stock.

Docker in an LXC container on my Proxmox server.

I slapped it onto my SynologyNAS - works perfectly!

2 Likes

I have run the server on Docker in Raspberry Pi's, Synolgoy, Proxmox (both LXC and VM), and bare metal Linux (Debian). That is the great thing about a Docker implementation. Lots of options.

1 Like

Would you happen to know how to do this on a raspberry pi?

My guide I posted works on the RPi, you just need to swap a line in the config file to build your own image which is listed below the config example. Should work for Portainer or Docker Compose.

3 Likes

And, there are also instructions in that same PDF (great guide) for installing the Echo Speaks server directly on the RPi, which is what I have done, without docker or portainer. Works fine, keeps chugging along.

1 Like

I followed the install instructions for Raspberry Pi and it works like a charm!

Sorry for my ignorance but could you please point out to “an old man” where exactly this particular set of instructions is (for installing Echo Speaks directly on RPi with docker nor portainer)? Thank you so much for your kind help! And again, I apologize if the location was obvious (I just could not find which PDF and what portion of said PDF referred to this, LOL). TIA again!

Ok, here is the guide:

Scroll down about a page or so until you see the heading:

ALTERNATE INSTALLATION OF ECHO SPEAKS AUTHORIZATION SERVER WITHOUT DOCKER

Follow the instructions immediately following that heading until the line:

That’s it!

Mine is running on a 1 GB Raspberry Pi 4. I understand that it will also run on a Pico.

I am probably older than you are, I turn 73 in a few months.

4 Likes

@672southmain Thank you so much! Very much appreciated.

1 Like

I noticed these errors Echo Speaks error messages in my log,
Is this error thrown due to a programming issue or change on the Alexa side or is there something in my configuration that causes this.
Thanks

dev:2202023-04-15 05:09:38.426 PMerrorEcho (v4.2.2.0) | getPlaylists Response Exception | Status: (404) | Msg: status code: 404, reason phrase: Not Found
dev:2172023-04-15 05:09:19.389 PMerrorEcho (v4.2.2.0) | getPlaylists Response Exception | Status: (404) | Msg: status code: 404, reason phrase: Not Found

Look Here