[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

I migrated to a C8 and have been having cookie issues since.

I refreshed the cookie and it reported success and ES tests work, but it keeps logging refresh FAILED errors. I even changed the callback URL from cloud to the local IP and it does the same thing. FWIW, I haven't restarted my server (Linux VM) since but I've never had to.

That process time seem excessive?

Thoughts?

OK, I'm stumped. It says refreshed, but ES doesn't show it.

Well I really broke it now. Tried to clear data and re-auth and it's stuck saying not authenticated (login does process). Restarted my local cookie server to no avail.

After I migrated I also had to re-deploy the server. Its a tricky process to get the sequences just right and get it to authorize. It took me several tries. I was at the point I didn't think I was going to get it running again. Then it did!

Not sure what I did differently but it finally started working again. So maybe step away and come back.

I re-deployed the server and it still won't work. It authenticated to amazon the fist time from the local cookie server, but now won't from the ES setup.

I have some info here that might help. At the bottom there is info about getting it logged in and authorized: [GUIDE] Echo Speaks Server on Docker (and alternates)

Thanks, I've been through that about 5 times now.

Intermittently getting logged into Amz at the node, but then it doesn't update in ES.

Occasionally, Amz seems to want to verify a browser login from my local browser so I might let things settle a bit and come back to it.

Wow. I restarted the cookie server (Ubuntu VM) for like the 6th time, rebooted the hub (new step) and was able to auth and get it reconnected in the ES app. It's using the cloud callback URL but I'm good with that if it works.

This whole process just seems so flakey and inconsistent...

Can anyone confirm that the searchMusic() command will work with Fire TV devices? I don't have one to test with. Thanks.

Hi.

As a newbie to Hubitat, I'm still getting my head around installs for Custom Apps and Drivers.

Am I right in thinking that I just click on the "Hubitat Code Install" link and copy and paste the code from those like any other install, or do I need to do anything with the list of "Code Links" at the top of the page?

8eo43zze

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best thing for installing Echo speaks and many other apps is to use HPM. Getting the server installed is a separate process. You will need to decide if your are going to run your own server or use Heroku, which does have a fee.

1 Like

You lost me at Server :joy::joy:

I've just installed HPM and seemed to have managed to update one of my existing apps that I had previously installed.

So do I now just search for Echo Speaks, in the "Search by Keywords" tab?

Thanks, and apologies for the lack of knowledge :neutral_face:

Yes, HPM is kind of like the app store on google or apple. Keep in mind that if you choose to use Heroku there is a monthly fee involved. If you have a local server that will run docker you can locally host the ES application.

Same here. I ended up doing a clean install of a new app.

is there an ARM 64 docker image for this?

@parish99 check my guide, just below the Compose yaml code there is instructions for how to swap a line out for building your own image. All you need is portainer, or it should work for Docker-Compose as well.

With the still crazy inflated Raspberry PI's, what is everyone using for this?

Raspberry Pi 4 stock seems to be increasing at official vendors. I got a CanaKit Extreme 1 GB just to run the Echo Speaks server a while back, works fine, still in stock.

Docker in an LXC container on my Proxmox server.

I slapped it onto my SynologyNAS - works perfectly!

2 Likes