[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

Have you tried doing a repair instead of update? I think I remember seeing somewhere that a repair installs it a little differently so maybe that will force it in there.

You could also unMatch it then re-match it and when it asks, tell it everything is updated already so it stops telling you there is an update.

2 Likes

Thanks JTP the repair worked flawlessly.

I love this community. The best and most involved and helpful community out there.

LJ

2 Likes

I wish they were. Still appearing a few at a time across the world at official sellers (who only charge the MSRP).

What is the update process for a docker container app? can someone post basic step by step? running synology ds220+...

1 Like

A seperate ES question - In Alexa, you can command an Echo Show verbally to 'Display off'. this turns the display itself to black - nice for when you're going to sleep. Supposedly it is related to DND but if I issue a programatic DND, the display stays on, but the unit is in DND mode. How can I programatically issue 'Display Off' to an Echo Show device? (I have 3).

See @brad5 and @jtp10181 discussion starting with this thread:

2 Likes

One possibility is to use the voicecmdastext command. Basically anything you can speak verbally to a device you can do the same in RM using that custom action.

Someone will correct me if I’m mistaken, but I don’t think there’s anything to update with respect to the Alexa cookie refresh server that can run in a docker container since Anthony released his docker image last month.

The updates to the Echo Speaks code that runs on the Hubitat hub itself are best accomplished with HPM.

Step by step instructions to update a docker container running on a synology NAS, in general, can be found on a variety of websites with a quick google search.

So for everyone else, this issue is resolved and was not using the primary Alexa account / credentials.

2 Likes

I now get announcements on Echo devices when there is an update available for Echo Speaks. This announcement is made every day and it's quite long. Is there a way to change the frequency to every N-days, or turn it off completely? (I usually keep an eye out for Hubitat, and Package Manager updates, so this is just redundant for me.)

I looked in Echo Speaks App but didn't come across a relevant setting; it it's there, I missed it.
Echo Speaks is installed via Hubitat Package Manager, and I didn't see anything there either. Any suggestions on how I can disable/alter this feature?

Thanks!
-Adil

1 Like

If you go to the app and click on Notifications, it should be at the bottom of the page under the Section Code Update Alerts.

1 Like

I’m having this same issue with my Synology. It runs for a while and then it will stop unexpectedly.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Looks like this was what is happening for me after looking at the logs. Just changed it to check every 5 days.

thanks all - the pointed direction was a fix. Initially it failed - I got errors. DND was turning on before the command would issue - so I changed mine to use at 0 volume 'speakIgnoreDND'.

Hey all, I am really looking forward to this app, but still having issues with HPM, so manually importing and saving, all went fine until "ES Websocket Device" The file is not found online. Is there an updated link?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/beta/drivers/echo-speaks-ws.groovy

May have been withdrawn as Amazon nuked the interface it was using…

OH NO!!!! ok that is unfortunate

Should work fine without it.

2 Likes

I actually never quite understood what did/didn’t work before/after Amazon broke that.