[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

No just want to know if my kids open up a door

How about one of the speechcon interjections... have Alexa say ding dong, ding or nanu nanu :smiley:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/speechcon-reference-interjections-english-us.html

In theory speechcons should work but Amazon doesn't allow that SSML syntax in an alexa routine.

3 Likes

@tonesto7 any clues on what the lite version will look like.

Also recent platform changes could have positive impact for those running the full version on hubitat. My echo speaks hub has not been this snappy in awhile.

1 Like

The lite version will just make significantly less api calls. So it won't poll for realtime bluetooth, last activity, etc.

On hubitat this is not as necessary because of the Websocket removing need to poll.
There will be an option on new installs to install as lite version.

5 Likes

That’s exactly how I use it. I do a blank announcement to multiple dots

Any idea why it keeps reverting back to the default?? I clear it out and reverts back.

Would it support arming Alexa Guard or does that involve polling like the other feature cuts? All I am currently using Echo Speaks for is TTS and Alexa Guard.

1 Like

It can be yes but it won't poll for the current alarm state every minute

2 Likes

@tonesto7 I am getting an error when trying to use the notifier app with this echo devices:

Echo (v3.6.3.2) | speechCmd | Too Many Requests Made to Amazon | Msg: Too Many Requests

Am I doing something wrong?

That looks just like a notification I have and it works fine. Only difference I see is I have mine set to notify after 5 mins in "For how Long?" and I have it set to repeat once an hour.

I wonder if the notification app is constantly sending the text once the sensor opens. Maybe turn on a text notification and see what it is sending.

The only time I've seen that is if the notification keeps getting fired off rapidly for some reason; i.e. my wife forgets to turn off the contact sensors and keeps going in and out of the door unloading groceries causing a message queue overflow.

Can you tell me how to do a blank announcement? I just want the tone, but when I clear the text out of the editor, it reverts back to default.

Put in a period for the text

I am not seeing a Multi-Speaker Group in my choices to choice. I just created it, but it doesnt seem to go over to Hubitat. All my other speakers are there just not the new one.

Device Detection Preferences set probably?

Anyone having issues trying to deploy app? I click view and it says there is no app..

I'm ready to install echo speaks V3 but wanted to see if I should wait awhile for the lite version. Is there a rough ETA on it? Thanks,

1 Like

I wouldn't. I connected 8 of my Alexa devices and haven't seen any difference in hub performance since the 2.2.3.xxx updates. I did reduce the event history for the echos (on each device driver page) to 2 because I think they would use a lot of memory otherwise.

1 Like

I get this error relatively often. Is this something I should worry about, and if so, is there anything that I can do to prevent it?

[error] EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | processFirebaseResponse: 'Bad Request': 400