[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

So for some reason, the Releases don't seem to carry over from your repo to my fork, to be used by the heroku / github auto deployment:

I'm not sure yet how to sync the releases / tags from the original repo to my fork.

I will make sure to push out a new tag for the latest version

Did you get this working? I have seen the same behavior...

No, I haven’t had a response yet. I spent the whole day trying different things but then gave up and posted here. I haven’t tried again since to see if it was a transient Amazon issue.

This isn't necessary.

That said, the update I just did to get from 2.4 to 2.6, I did have to force a "Deploy Branch"

and mine updated automagically :smiley:
BTW, I wasn't aware of the alternative method. Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

Hi @tonesto7,
Great app, And I agree, where do you get the time!
I uncovered a small issue with creating an action to speak based on the HSM mode. Regardless of what conditions I put on the trigger for the HSM mode (Armed Away, Armed Home, Disarmed, Alerts) the action takes place regardless.
i.e. All I want is to know when it's disarmed so I selected only Disarm. But no matter what, anytime the HSM mode changes I get the spoken message on the echo. The default message reports the correct mode but it should only trigger based on the mode selected. This happens no matter what mode is selected. Is my thinking correct and there is a possible issue or am I misunderstanding the setup?

Thanks.

Questions for those who know more about GitHub and Heroku...

I have setup mine to deploy automatically via the instructions linked above. However, though everything looks like it is setup right, it isn't automatically deploying.

Today, I went to the Deploy "tab" in the Heroku server, and under "Manual deploy", clicked on "Deploy Branch". It updated the server to the latest version... So I seem to have everything properly configured, but it just isn't automatically doing the deploy...

I notice that under "Automatic deploys", I have a check box under "Wait for CI to pas before deploy". Could this be what is stopping the automatic deployment? Can it cause issues if I disable this?

Hi, I had this working on the smartthings platform but have moved over to hubitat and I am struggling to get it working on hubitat, I get to the point of deploying the server which seems to work, I log in and get cooked retrieved, it says my log in is successful and you can see it shows the cookie updated a few seconds ago but log in is still showing invalid.

I am in the UK and have confirmed in the Heroku app that the domain is amazon.com and not amazon.co.uk as I had problems on smart things not allowing log in for the same reason, does anyone have anu ideas why it may be saying my login is invalid, I followed the install insructions to the letter!

EDIT:Got it working was down to locale settings.

1 Like

can you say more on what you had to fix to get it working?

1 Like

I’m also interested in knowing what you did to resolve your issue

Step 1 of the Server install from this webpage - Server - Echo Speaks<br>Documentation

I did not have these options set to amazon.co.uk & En-GB, I had them left default, once I set them it worked.

It is also worth checking the domain is set correctly within the Heroku app as I had a problem on smartthings a few weeks ago. log into Heroku and select your Echo speaks instance.

This will take you to the following page where you need to select settings

Once you press on settings press on revealconfig vars

Ensure your amazon domain is set correctly - Previously I had to change mines to amazon.com as it was previously set to Amazon.co.uk when on the smart things platform and it had stopped working but worked last night on Amazon.co.uk

Although I think this was fixed by the developer as it worked for me on amazon.co.uk last night and I can see this in the change log for echo speaks.
Server (v2.6.0)

• FIXED: Should resolve issues with logins outside of the US

But all in all it was user error on my part mainly around step 1 of the server set up.

1 Like

I see a lot of errors like this:
Echo (v3.6.3.2) | getAlarmVolume | HostName Not Found | Msg: alexa.amazon.com

I use pi-hole, so some of the domain names could have been black holed.
Any specific domain should I whitelist?
Thanks

Hi,

Any ideas why I can't seem to have my echo speak anything, but the play, stop etc for audio work? Cheers!

@tonesto7 Tony - is there anything about the ST unwelcoming attitude that would adversely impact your support of ES on Hubitat?

I assume you are talking about their plan to drop the old app and user code and so on? That is a good question.

No, this:

Mm this is painful. Hopefully @tonesto7 does not leave us behind when he revamps the st app

1 Like

nope i'm not going anywhere.
I think I will even make the new lite version available on hubitat as well for those that just want to make basic announcements and speech without all the load on the hub.

18 Likes

YES PLEASE!!!!!

2 Likes