[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

ugh why does amazon have to break our toys???

1 Like

Looks like my cookie update didn't take.

app:1372020-08-26 07:23:41.077 pm warn EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Amazon Cookie Has Expired or is Missing!!! Please login again using the Heroku Web Config page...
app:1372020-08-26 06:51:38.522 pm info EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | Cookie data was updated | Reinitializing App... | Polling should restart in 10 seconds...

Amazon has definitely borked something here.

1 Like

You have to log in again like the logs say on Heroku. I did this last night and actually had to change my Amazon password too since it said my password expired but it's working fine since then.

I've done that twice already. You can see the entry at 06:51:38.522 pm showing when I logged in again on the Heroku Web Config page. It hasn't fixed anything for me.

1 Like

Me too. Also, unrelated to ES, several of my echos changed the wake word to Alexa from Echo. I say unrelated because I don’t have all of my echos in ES.

Found the problem. Although I'd logged in again (twice) the child devices hadn't updated their cookie. Fixed it by forcing the devices to resync their cookies. In case anybody else is still having issues:

In the Echo Speaks app, go to "Login Status | Service Management":

Then "Cookie Tools":

Finally, hit the "Resend Cookies to Devices" toggle:

After I did that a speech test worked.

5 Likes

Seems to have done the trick for now. Thanks!

Trying to recreate an Acton I had set up with smartthings. However button option is missing from the trigger list.

Search this thread for button and you’ll find it was briefly supported but retracted.

Maybe describe what you want to do, we can possibly give alternatives.

Which way are you trying to go? Button on Hubitat to trigger an Alexa routine, or Alexa routine to press a Hubitat Button that can be used to trigger switches, lights, modes, etc., on Hubitat? There are simple ways to do each, I’m just not clear on what you want to do.

If you want Alexa to press a button to do something on Hubitat, create a virtual switch on Hubitat, set to auto off in .5 sec, expose that switch to Alexa. On the Hubitat side, use the button as a trigger in simple automation or Rule Machine to do what you want.

If you are going the other way, let us know & we will try to help that way.

Simply press a button to get weather on an echo device.

Dashboard, or physical?

This is part of what you want. I don't know how you were triggering it, so this is only the actions part of the rule. I used Rule Machine to do this, custom actions in the Actions to Run section.

Perfect, didn't see that hidden there. Thank you. It's all new to me, I'm in the process of moving 150+ devices, and all the automation's to go with, from ST.

1 Like

To use a dashboard, you will have to create a virtual device and use that virtual device as the trigger. And of course add it to the dash. I would think that you would use virtual switch, and probably want to enable "auto off" for that in the device page for the VS.

For a button or similar physical device, they should just show up in the trigger section in Rule Machine.

I'm using a physical button for this one. Thanks for the info. It works perfect.

I've haven't been using Echo Speaks for a while, but last time I checked, you could not use a button as a trigger. Search for "button" in this topic for full info, but ..

The workaround is easy. It just creates some clutter in your device list.

Create a virtual switch. When button pushed, turn virtual switch on. Trigger Echo Speaks on that virtual switch coming on. In addition to making the announcement, have an action in Echo Speaks to turn off the virtual switch.

I was referring to Rule Machine, responding to the workaround above.

Hi all,

I have an old Fire TV Gen 1 that won't be detected.
According to the documentation it is supposed to work.
Server setup went fine.
Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!