[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

@ElectronicFur yeah, couldn't get that to work, even followed some random guide online to use chrome developer tools to pull the csrf and cookie and tried inputting those values but still didn't work. Stuck at the moment!

Same problems here. Amazon uk login is continually giving me "unusual sign-in attempt detected" or I have to put in a "one time password" must have done 10 in the last few days. :wink:

Wahoo, I think I have it running now locally!

Ok, The Echo Speaks server is now running locally on the raspberry pi. but the amazon uk cookie login still doesn't work so guess we'll have to wait for that to be fixed to test out the local install

OK, further update, I have ES running locally on Pi Thanks @tonesto7 for your help :slight_smile: Also I have managed to get it to pull a cookie and the server is up and running. Thanks to @Evilborg for the PM2 advice I have that server running on an automated script on startup (not that this Pi ever really gets rebooted unless it has to!)

And EchoSpeaks is back online!! Sooo happy! Thanks again for the incredible software @tonesto7

3 Likes

Did you figure out why it doesn't run on Heroku for Amazon UK accounts, but it does run ok locally on your Pi?

Is there anything specific to watch for when running it on the Pi? I have a Pi 3 running debian, so I could try this route.

@ElectronicFur Not sure what the issue is with Heroku, but once I managed to get the ES server running on Pi It retrieved the cookie on the third login attempt.

As per the above back and forth I installed it using

git clone GitHub - tonesto7/echo-speaks-server
then CD into that directory
sudo NPM install

At first I ran it with NPM start but was struggling to work out how to make it autorun on reboot and be Daemonized.

as per @Evilborg 's advice I am using PM2 to run ES as a service that persists on reboot.

sudo npm install -g pm2
when in the echo-speaks-folder run
sudo pm2 start index.js
sudo pm2 save

Then run

Sudo PM2 list

to check it's running, then run

PM2 startup

to make it run after network connection on boot.

then run:

sudo pm2 save

This should have daemonised the server as a service, and bind it to systemd startup services.

Once running you go to you PI's ip i.e 192.168.1.2:8091 , fill in the server port and callback URL from the echospeaks hubitat app config page, make sure to turn off deploy to heroku in the ES app on Hubitat and give it your local server IP (Pi IP)

2 Likes

First, I am a loyal user and love the functionality. Question:
Is there a lite version of Echo Speaks that supports only TTS commands to Echo???

Dave

2 Likes

make sure you use lower case with this command as there is no PM2 only pm2

1 Like

Can you change the link from the smartthings install to the hubitat install page please?

https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/installation/hubitat/installs/

Since before this update, echo speaks has stopped working on my firetv cubes.
It probably stopped due to an Amazon update?

Anyhow, I fully updated and have this latest version running, and,... the same.
It fully works on all the echo dots though.

Any ideas, on how to get it to work on the cubes again?

Is anyone using ES on both ST and HE? I'm slowly migrating devices to HE and would like to get ES up and running since it doesn't involve messing with hardware/can be done sitting on my lazy a**.

2 Likes

Warning message in logs. I am receiving the following warning message in my logs for EchoSpeaks:

EchoApp (v3.6.3.1) | CODE UPDATES REQUIRED: Echo Speaks Integration may not function until the following items are ALL Updated [Echo Speaks Server].

I use the app for TTS and it appears to work.

I know it is looking for the Echo Speaks Server which is not installed using HPM. I tried a repair in HPM (no updates were listed).

Anything I can do to correct the warning?

Dave

In the Heroku app, add Tonesto7@gmail.com as the collaborator and it will automatically update.

I've completed the install but it's not pulling any devices for me.

The following has devices in it:
https://alexa.amazon.com/api/devices/v3

What else can I check?

Edit: I can see the Echo - Echo Device Name in my live log when I interact with Alexa

Edit2: And I can see the Echo devices in my device list... and actually use it for playing speech

Yes, I just finished the setup on my Hubitat and I still have Echo Speaks installed in SmartThings as well. Both are working fine together.

1 Like

Thanks. I ended up going ahead and removing my ST installation. As you can see from my previous post, I got it installed on the HE side but my Apps page doesn't show me my devices that it pulled. I do see the devices in my device list and they're usable which is good enough for me.

But.... the slight ocd is there and wants to fix it lol.

Hi

I keep getting this in my log file, anybody know what this means and how to stop the logging?
dev7 is my Echo dot in the kitchen. It logs this almost every minute.

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:58:24.756 debuglastVoiceActivity:

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:57:25.955 debuglastVoiceActivity:

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:56:25.687 debuglastVoiceActivity:

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:55:25.727 debuglastVoiceActivity:

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:54:26.150 debuglastVoiceActivity:

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:54:14.839 debuglastVoiceActivity:

dev:7 2020-07-29 19:53:24.816 debuglastVoiceActivity:

Look up a dozen or so posts, it describes modifying a line in the driver. It seems to work, although I sure wish I knew why it only happened on one my devices.

1 Like

I just pushed out a code fix disabling that entry when debug is disabled

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for fixing this.

Good to see you are around again.