[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Haven't tried a group but worth a shot.

This is the most erratic experience i have with my echo's... I use the announcement feature under actions which actually sends the command as a single request with the device ids and about 25% of the time they are completely in sync and the rest they are staggered.

Sometimes the hub has occasional dns issues. They can be ignored as long as you are not seeing them when you try to send a device command

@tonesto7, thank you for all your wrk with ES, still having some problem with wait amd stop cmd inside executesequence. adding a wait and a stop() outside as single cmd works in webcore. Any ideas ?

Sorry i've been silent on this. I will try to simulate this on my end.

It's been a few months since I've looked at routines under the Alexa app...
They've added a custom action now where you can enter text exactly like voice commands and have it execute.
It seems to support any command that can be issued by voice

I will be adding support for this in the next release.

4 Likes

Thank you, I hope you can reproduce the issue.

whoa - I have been wanting this for a long time. Epic work as always @tonesto7

Where do you find this? I’ve checked under “add action” but cannot see any custom option there :slightly_frowning_face: Is that where you found yours?

While in the create/modify routine, after you click on Add Action scroll all the way to the bottom..

I’ve already added support in my internal dev build. So it’s coming in the next release for sure.

I need to think of a way to separate the code base for HE and ST.

I want to completely overhaul the app for options available on hubitat

3 Likes

I haven't been able to get any announcements to work on multiple devices other than with playAnnouncementAll(). Is there a way to send announcements to groups of Echo devices other than to all devices with playAnnouncementAll()?

I've tried creating Alexa speaker groups and sending playAnnouncement() to those speaker groups, sending playAnnouncement() to multiple individual Echo Speaks virtual devices, playText() with Alexa speaker groups and multiple individual Echo Speaks devices, and speak() with Alexa speaker groups and multiple individual Echo Speaks devices. None of these do anything at all, except for playAnnouncementAll(), which always plays an announcement on all my devices, even if I call playAnnouncementAll() on only one Alexa speaker group or on only a selection of individual Echo Speaks devices.

I'm running Echo Speaks app v3.6.4.4, device v3.6.4.1, socket v3.3.1.1, and Heroku server v2.6.0.

1 Like

before this, what i have done was one Alexa(with Echo as the weakup word) exclusive placed to speak voice commands to another Aklexa have this done.
Now is so much simple. thanks

If you are referring to the groups in the Alexa app, you can’t send TTS to those AFAIK. I use “play announcement” and select individual Echo devices and they play simultaneously for me on an automation that runs many times a day in my household with four kids; laundry.

So far I haven't had any problem issuing commands. But that error is flooding my logs a few times per hour per device.

@tonesto7

I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve what an echo device said last outside of echo speaks?

What I am trying to do..

I want to automate the starting of my car. The only access to this feature is through google or alexa. I need to be able to send the first command "toyota start my car" which is available now in the new routines options you pointed out.

Alexa then asks for a pin. I want to trigger on that response and then have the pin sent as well. I think I could just put a a short delay and then send the pin. However sometimes alexa also returns an error saying the skill isnt available, and I would like to do something else on this response.

Any thoughts?

8 Echo Dots linked to 1 Amazon account, 2 other Echo Dots linked to a different Amazon account.

Hi -

I had this configuration working under SmartThings by duplicating the app (as instructed).
Under HE, I now have Echo Speaks working fine for the 8 Echo Dots. Now ready to get Echo Speaks working on the remaining 2 Echo Dots - is this intended to work on HE, as it did on SmartThings?

If so, do I

1. create an additional echo-speaks.groovy app ?
  2. create an additional echo-speaks.groovy app & echo-speaks-actions.groovy &
    echo-speaks-zones.groovy ?
  3. something else ?

I then plan to deploy an additional Heroku server, using the Amazon credentials for that 2nd account.

Comments, please!

I wonder if this would work with the new voice cmd as text. I need to test this tomorrow :slight_smile:

I've been trying different variables in webcore, but haven't been successful. --

Is there a way to send push style notifications to amazon devices like my FireTV and fire tablets? I got voice notifications working, but I was hoping to get push text notifications on my devices without using a middle man like pushover. The issue with the pushover receiver app (PushTV) is that it gets killed in the background, so it's unreliable.

My goal is to have tasker pick up on these notifications and perform tasks.

Thanks!