[Deprecated] Device Sequencer

Introducing 'Device Sequencer'
Turn on/off several devices in a row, with a user defined pause in between each.

This app has been merged into Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Features:

• Select as many devices as needed
  • Break them up into 1 to 5 groups
  • Each group can have a different pause between devices AND a different pause between groups
  • When executed, group 1 will run first, then group 2, group 3, group 4 and group 5
  • Ability to pause any child app
  • Ability to Enable/Disable child app via a switch
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

5 Likes

Oh boy you’ve been busy and this looks great.

1 Like

The app is nice, but where you select if you want to turn off or turn on a device?

Edit, I saw the instructions dohh

1 Like

The control switch is right under group 5...blue line...then a switch to activate the sequence. I've made some changes to make it stand out more.

New version:
V1.0.1 - 01/12/19 - Made the Control switch stand out more.

1 Like

Is there a random delay feature? in the pause?

No, each Group can have a different delay and between each group can have a different delay.

This is to make sure devices are turned on or off in a certain order. But also allowing time for the action to occur.

ie.

• Turn on TV lighting
  • No delay
  • Turn on Mantle LED

Delay 0 extra seconds before Group 2

• Send IR to Cable Box
  • wait 1 second
  • Send IR to Stereo
  • wait 1 second
  • Send IR to TV

Delay 1 extra second before Group 3

• Send IR to set input on Stereo

Right so if you run this everyday.. It wont choose a random time? + or + amount of mins/secs

I think this is great feature to have.

How about random time start to each group ?

Sorry, this is not a random type app.

This is so when I tell Google to 'Turn on the TV' everything comes on in order, with no collisions of the IR signals. :grin:

If you're trying to get a 'Lived in look' or vacation lighting, check out this post...That Lived In Look

1 Like

Am I reading right that it's limited to 5 groups? I have 10 rules to turn stuff off when I go to Night mode and 13 to go to Away mode, 3 devices at a time spaced 1 second apart...when I lumped everything into 1 rule it would take 20-30 seconds for everything to actually turn off so had to split up. Wouldn't mind trying this but need more than 5 delay groups.

Edit... Might be able to combine groups if I mix different protocols in the same group...

I can easily add more groups but remember, you can have as many devices per group as you like and you can make as many child apps as needed too. With this in mind I haven't had a need for more than 3 groups...so I added 5 because I just knew someone would want more! lol. So the question is, How many groups should I make it?

Also, @wxmiked ... I got something in the works for you too. Stay tuned... :wink:

Let me see if I can condense to your current 5 before I formally ask for a change. The reason for doing this in the first place was that bulk commands being issued at the same time seemed to flood the mesh and introduce significant delays between a command being sent and the device responding. Sending 3 commands at a time has remedied the problem. But I can probably mix protocols within the same group...sending 3 z-wave, 3 zigbee, and 3 virtual device commands at the same time shouldn't cause any problems.

I'll get back to you on this....thanks for the app BTW :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bptworld, seems like you are trying to take over for @Cobra now that he is one of "them" :wink:
I expect to see a title change for you too..Developer.

Keep churning em out buddy.

PS
I scanned through the code. Never knew about the pauseExecution() option. It seems to be much better than the delay method I was using. Good stuff!

Thanks... I'm just really bored and coding gives me something to do! Most of the apps are not too complicated but they all fill a gap that I had in my system. And if someone else finds them useful, Bonus. :grin:

No replacing @Cobra, he was a huge help to me when I started coding for Hubitat. I still put a 'thank you' into every single app I put out!

1 Like

Will Do!

check this out... :grin:

@bptworld, First of all thanks for sharing all your great apps. I just installed Device Sequencer and was getting an error stating that the Child device could not be found. Noticed that line 57 "parent: "BPTWorld:Device Sequencer"" in the child app was commented out. I removed the comments and it is now working. Any reason that was commented out?

Ha, I must of been testing something. Thanks, it's fixed now.

Great thanks! I always like to confirm just in case.
“Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up” GK Chesterton

1 Like

Hey, started working with this today in conjunction with the Send IP2IR app. I'm not seeing Group 1:

It's working if I only enter Groups 2 - 5, but I thought I'd let you know.

Also, guessing the 'null-' should be saying something else?

image image

Other than that, working as expected. Thanks!

1 Like