[RELEASE] Device driver for Stelpro Maestro Thermostat (ZigBee)

Great! I'm happy it works!

Thanks for your help with testing.

1 Like

I have many Stelpro thermostats and I don't understand why in the dashboard some work perfectly some don't (even they are identical). When on the device I clicked on configure but nothing happened, is it normal ?

12-22-2020 3-10-41 PM

It's been a while, but I do recall having to fiddle a bit with mine too. But I haven't had trouble since.

Try enabling debug logging (in the preferences section). In a second window, open the logs. Then click on configure. You should see several messages appear in the logs. Take a copy, might be useful later.

If there is no response, I would again try the ZigBee paring procedure. Don't forget to click on configure after pairing.

I activate log, took a copy. I did click on configure but still have the same problem.

I reset the thermostat to Default. I paired it again clicked configure but same thing.

I have some of the older original zwave stelpros but moving away from zwave. So I just got a Stelpro Maestro SMT402AD. Is everyone still using this driver?

Thanks!

Yes, this is the one to use. philippe.charette did a great job.

1 Like

I am using this driver as well. So far so good. I have many of the Stelpro Orleans converctors. This is the only driver that works and it isn't really the exact driver for the heaters. I think my heaters are based on the Ki thermostats though and thats why it works.

1 Like

This is all new to me as I am not a coder period.

Wondering if anyone with a Maestro can see if they can lower the set point below minimum or turn off completely.

What I am looking to do is get my Maestro to be able to go below the current set point of 5 degrees C. We have an out she shed that I have one in but don’t want to heat it at all until I tell it too.

Happy to get an HE if this is a possibility for me.

Thanks in advance

Hi 13rickvd!

I wouldn't worry about the 5 degree setpoint. This is a placeholder value used when the device declares it's status as "Off". That placeholder value is a leftover from Stelpro's driver for SmartThings, which I left in.

You should be able to check for yourself. On the Maestro itself, there is a power demand indicator (5 little squigly waves above the temperature). When the device is Off, the waves should remain invisible. Likewise, the device's thermostatOperatingState value in Hubitat whould remain at idle.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't own a Maestro unit (just the Ki one), so I'm going documentation and user feedback. In Stelpro's user guide, I don't see an explanation on how to manually turn off the device. For example, on my Ki unit, I press both Up and Down on the device to switch between modes (ON -> Eco -> OFF -> On again). Does the Maestro have that feature? What happens when the "Off" command is sent from Hubitat?

Philippe thanks for the quick response!

I do not currently have a Hubitat...would buy one if it could shut off that Maestro.

I don’t think Maestro has an off option, certainly not in the app so throwing the breaker was my short term solution.

Thanks again

Rick

Hi @philippe.charette,

I tried to click OFF in Hubitat and nothing happened on the maestro thermostat. It still heating.

Oh, so it seems the Maestro doesn't have an "Off" function at all? Good to know.

I went back to Stelpro's original SmartThings driver: They kept the Off() function, but it doesn't send any request to the device. It's the same thing with On(), Heat() and Cool(). All it changes is the local state. Basically, it only has Heat() mode.

So yeah, I missed that. It means I could simplify the driver.

What is the lowest setpoint you guys can manually set on the device itself? 5°C?

Philippe, are you in Montreal? I can lend you one to test out.

I have some that are sitting in a drawer until phase 2 of our renovation.

Yes 5°C.

I'm having this problem with this driver also. I have two other StelPro Ki's (Zwave) and this one. I do not get the ability to adjust it via the dashboard. Is there something I can change? Thanks.

For me, it was fixed over time without changing anything. Can't help.

Hi,

Like @jbilodea said, I'm not sure what I can do if the device doesn't respond to the queries. Might simply be the Zigbee mesh which needs a period to adjust.

You can always activate the debug logs and see if there are errors or strange entries.

I might take you on this proposal... once spring is well set and the temperature outside rises a bit. To properly test the unit, I guess I'll have to install it temporarily, I don't want to mess with my heating! :grinning:

1 Like

Ahh, I wasn't sure if it was the driver that didn't support it somehow. I guess I can just wait and see what happens....