[RELEASE] Device Check Plus - Check selected devices, then warn you what's not in the right state

Give the new version on GitHub a try.

Thanks

1 Like

That's definitely working better. But it looks like the "Device Time in State as Trigger" doesn't work in conjunction with the "Device State as Trigger".

E.g., I want a notification if a contact has been left open 5 minutes after the HVAC is running.

Right now, it looks like these are separate checks. I'm getting a notification after 5 minutes of any of the contacts open. I'm also getting a notification if any of the contacts are open and the HVAC goes on.

1 Like

Just found this and installed, amazing app thank you so much!

1 Like

New version...

Adjusted speak() to reflect the new parameters.

Be sure to also update Follow Me.

I have constant issues with all scenes completing correctly. I've tried metering, disabled optimization, anything I can think of.

This looks like a great app to monitor and 'fix' devices. I know I can create child app for each scene with all devices but wondering if there's a more efficient method to check scenes specifically.

Any suggestions for this use case? Thanks in advance!

Hi @bptworld - Since i upgraded to the latest Hubitat release, this app has been throwing a groovy exception so I have lost my ability to receive messages with the status.

It looks like everything still works as expected up to the message creation per my logs;

Any idea on what I need to do to fix that?

New version on GitHub...

1.2.6 - 11/19/21 - Fix for speech

Thank you.
Just upgraded and went back into the app to save those pages again.
I am still seeing an error - looks a bit different now. Do you suggest I restart the hub?

[app:1488](http://hubitat.local/logs#app1488)2021-11-19 09:47:42.675 am [error](http://hubitat.local/installedapp/configure/1488)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_BPTWorld_Device_Check_Plus_Child_291.clearPresenceMap() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] on line 1140 (method checkDeviceHandler)

sorry, download again

1 Like

That solved it, thank you very very much!

1 Like

Hey @bptworld - I'm getting this error in HPM

Is that known? (I also see it for follow me).

Yes and has been discussed in detail. Please use the new Un-match function in HPM. You can read about it over on the HPM thread.

Thanks

2 Likes

I read the discussion in the HPM thread and I still didn't see a clear announcement. If you saying we need to stop using HPM for (some or all of) your apps, you should make a clear statement to that effect.

Doing the Un-match just tells HPM to forget about the existing package. I did that and the result is DCP is no longer listed in HPM anywhere.

(This is not a complaint! I appreciate all you do and contribute)

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Statements are only good for those that choose to read them. :roll_eyes: :wink:

It's right in the first post in Bundle Master.

You might want to put that this statement that Bundle Manager is needed in the thread for each of your apps.

I do see you put the message inside the apps, however - thanks for that!

I wasn't interested in the beta of Bundle Manager, so I did not subscribe to that thread when you started it. That you've now edited the first post after the fact doesn't make this easier to find.

New version...

1.3.0 - 09/29/22 - Minor updates

Hi Bryan - is it possible to make the delay before sending notifications configurable ? I created a child to be triggered by Mode changing to Sleep. It checks various switches and tries to change them to the appropriate value. However, it ends up sending me a notification of devices being in the room mode, even though they end up in the right mode just a few seconds later. Those include the switches that Device Check should be correcting.

It seems that an additional 30 sec pause before sending the notification would probably fix the problem - so if you had a setting for how long to wait that would be great. I'm not sure why the switches are not immediately set to the right value by Device Check Plus - but it's clear that less than a minute later they end up in the right place.

I see that jlv's comment back in April 21 never got a response, but I've run into the same thing. It seems that DCP does not have a means to check the conditions after a delay. It's going to check immediately when the trigger event happens. I also thought Device TIme in State was meant to address this but instead it just causes repeated triggers as long as that condition is still true.

I'm assuming that the only way to address this need is to create a virtual trigger and then use Rule Machine to watch for the real trigger, wait for the delay time and then trigger DCP to do its checks.

Would be great to have this delay option between the initial trigger and the beginning of DCP checks.

It would also be great to have a configurable delay between the triggering of DCP and sending notifications, as described in my previous post. (That only makes sense if DCP has been configured to try fixing switches that are wrong).

Combining those:

DCP trigger event
Delay 1
DCP checks conditions
DCP tries to fix switches that are wrong
Delay 2
DCP sends notification if anything is still wrong

I ended up building my solution using RM (to give me the delay after the check), a virtual switch, and the app Device Status Announcer (to give me a nicely worded announcement). I can detail those if there is interest, but they are off topic for this thread as I no longer use DCP.

I'd be interested, here, in another thread, or in a PM