[RELEASE] DarkSky.net Weather Driver, no PWS Required

Okay, Thanks for checking. I'll look into it.

1 Like

Since DarkSky was purchased by Apple, Apple has discontinued issuing new API Keys. If you had a valid API Key it is support to continue working through 2021. If you do not have one this driver will not work for you. Try this one instead:

I cannot replicate this? Mine changes in all appropriate places ('Current States', 'data', 'Tile' attributes). I looked at the code and do not see any obvious reasons for what you are describing.

Only suggestions are to clear your browser cache, reboot the Hub, reboot the PC.

Ok, thanks will try that. But it's been like this for a while on my system so not sure what it can be. Maybe I will try to reload the driver code. Anyway, will also try what you suggest. Sorry for the trouble and thanks again.

Reloaded the driver code and now it is fine.
Sorry to bother you.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Great!

1 Like

Since latest update V1.4.1, receiving following errors

Thx

Are you sure this is this driver? There is no 'getWeatherData' routine in this driver? Click on the 'dev:1227' in the log and see which driver these warnings are associated with.

Sorry, weather.gov
Thx

1 Like

Any idea what is causing these errors in the logs?

There are no latitude or longitude coordinates in the request URL (both are null). Check that you have those set in your Hub's settings or that your are using the location override and the Latitude and Longitude coordinates have been populated.

I turned on the override and see Longitude and Latitude coordinates have been populated, but the same error is showing in the logs. I pressed the poll data and refresh to see if that would force it to refresh properly, but that same error comes up every time.

Are you clicking 'Save Preferences' after you make changes? You need to.

Yes I did. Did it again. I guess second time was a charm. Seems to be updating now.

1 Like

Other suggestions .... clear your browser cache .... reboot hub.

Glad it is working for you now.

Some more info on that 400 error... I noticed that I was getting it and the "null" co-ordinates in the URL today. It looks like this started happening around the time I updated to v1.4.1 last night (from several versions behind). I wasn't using the co-ordinates override feature, and I checked my hub location settings to make sure the co-ordinates were still there and correct. They were. So, I decided to just click Save on the location settings page, to see if it might force your app to recognize the co-ordinates, and it seemed to do the trick.

Is there something causing the driver to forget the co-ordinates, and not check for them again?

[EDIT] And FWIW, I updated the driver using the awesome new Hubitat Package Manager :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anytime I update a driver I have always open the driver, click 'Save Device' then click 'Save Preferences'. I am guessing it could be that until you do that it does not set the Latitude and Longitude, even if they were set before a code update.

I'm looking at the percentage of percipitation. I'm confused. The reading today shows 84. Does that mean a 84% chance of rain? I ask because I'm looking at a local app on my phone that shows a 30% chance of rain.

Are you looking at the DarkSky app/website for the same location that your Hubitat driver is using?