[RELEASE] DarkSky.net Weather Driver, no PWS Required

Thanks @Royski I was just about to try that. Saved me the job.
@Matthew any thoughts? (Besides use F of course. :smile: )

1 Like

I have a LaCrosse weather station here. It has it’s cloud accessible app. (La Crosse View)

Will this work with it ?7C5EC907-9F03-4A27-A56E-CF83636A21F7

I'm getting this on poll
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object on line 472 (pollDSHandler)

Thanks for your patience.

Posted V1.0.1 - Bug fixes:

• Corrected the Metric <--> Imperial conversions.
  • Corrected/applied default values for the 'NearestStorm' attributes. These seem to be oddly populated and not consistent with one another. (e.g. Bearing will show, but there is no distance .... then distance will show but there is no bearing ???) I applied a default bearing of zero; a default cardinal direction of 'U' (for unknown); and a default distance of '9999'.

Let me know what else you find and I will correct as quicky as I can.

3 Likes

Trust me, you've no need to worry about our patience. (From me anyway).
You are doing us all a favour.
Thanks again.

EDIT: Sorted the conversion issue.
Thanks again.

3 Likes

No. This driver pulls all data from DarkSky.net. It will not interact with your weather station.

If you use Weather-Display software with your weather station you can use this:

Still getting the same error I posted here:

Ok, thank you so much for your reply.

I moved one line of code just now. Recopy and let me know if you still get the error. If you do, turn OFF the 'nearestStormBearing' selection and let me know if that prevents the error.

Thanks.

Error is still persisting regardless of "nearestStormBearing" setting.

I'm getting this each time I try to poll data:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_Matthew_DarkSky_net_Weather_Driver_622.updateDataValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.math.BigDecimal) values: [wind, 17.2] on line 234 (pollDSHandler)

GREAT driver BTW!

@Matthew
Thank you very much for creating this driver.
:blush:

1 Like

Bug on line 234 squashed. Recopy code and try again. Report back.

@halfrican.ak made another change to try to prevent this error. Try again. Report back.

Thanks.

One down, another one to go:
Getting this now:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_Matthew_DarkSky_net_Weather_Driver_622.updateDataValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.math.BigDecimal) values: [nearestStormDistance, 78.9] on line 315 (pollDSHandler)

Squashed. re-copy. Try again. report back.

Thanks.

sorry to say, same error as before NPE on line 472

Looks good for me now :slight_smile:

Again, superb job!

1 Like

One last try. I grouped all the 'nearestStorm' attributes to one setting and tweaked some other items that may have been the issue. I hope this does it. If it does not .... I am probabaly going to just pull all the 'nearestStorm' attributes for now. Let me know. Thanks for your testing.

Re-copy code, try again, report back.

Errors are now gone, thanks!

1 Like

Excellent .... thanks for your patience and testing.

1 Like