[RELEASE] Combined Presence

Thanks...I'll keep at it and yes I see as ST as a potential bridge as I migrate presence and other things. Thanks

Just set up HubConnect on HE and ST. It works great, and lets you take your time moving things over.

It is absolutely worth the effort (ex-ST user here as well). Hubitat is a different animal for sure, but the power that is granted to the user is beyond ANYTHING ST could ever offer. Rule Machine alone is worth the switch, imho.

Yes, there are some things that are more difficult to accomplish on Hubitat, but there are also dozens more possibilities in how to accomplish something.

Personally, I use Life360 (paid plan) as my presence sensor. It's worked flawlessly for me and my wife for months now without a hiccup.

1 Like

I agree about rules machine. I missed it when it no longer supported ST. Personally, I am not in favor of paying for subscriptions like Life360. I've just avoided them because they propagate like rabbits. Before you know it you have so many subscriptions you are constantly shutting them down. HBO, Apple, etc etc. Just my opinion, especially on a fixed income.

Anyway I am facing the following challenges: Mixture of Lutron and Hue lights. Somfy shades. Schlage locks. A mixture of contact closers, illuminance sensors, motion sensors, and some using Hue sensors without a bridge. Nest and ecobee integration (I think nest is down for now due to google transition). Google hub integration. Sonos integration. Hampton fan integration.Z-wave Linear garage door opener. Host of repeaters some Iris, some wired motion sensors some others. Code in ST, Core, webCore and Home assistant. What did I miss? Anyway I can't get past getting presence to work in Hubitat, and I am yet to get a notification. I'm not complaining about Hubitat I just feel like I'm letting the Genie out of the bottle. That's why I ask is it worth the effort. Is the juice worth the squeeze?????

1 Like

I only use the free version of the Life360 and have not have any problems and in fact lately it been working real well.

2 Likes

Try Life360 free. You only get three locations (I think) and also use @bptworld's Life360 With States ([RELEASE] Life360 with States - Track all attributes with app and driver. Also supports RM4 and Dashboards!) app. Hands down the best Life360 integration I have ever seen and it works flawlessly.

As for the rest of it, I am in the same boat; Tons of different devices and integrations. But, I've managed to get them all working under Hubitat. Yeah, there's a learning curve, but imho, it's worth it for not having to rely on a cloud service running my house.

2 Likes

There’s also ‘Locative’ Which has worked great for me.
Presence was flawless until the latest iOS update which let my wife deactivate Locative App and the Hubitat App.
Result was she was never home. LOL

Was she trying to tell you something? Lol, hope not. This would be negative WAF.

Telling non tech friends about life360 is funny though. You can see those that don't want their partners to know where they are any time they want. We love it. Can judge when someone is on their way home for cooking dinner.

1 Like

I'm also very keen to know when the wife's on her way home to cook my dinner :blush:

I always love that look of horror on their faces, when they ask, "they can see everywhere you go"

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a free version. Sooo I went and signed my wife and I up and created a circle and installed the app in HE. Life360 seems to work fine but I can't figure out the integration with HE. I don't see any "family" entries in rule machine trigger events or conditions etc. How do I link up HE and Life360 so I can use geofencing?

1 Like

First, remove the default integration and install @bptworld's Life360 with States. It will create child sensors under a Life360 Members parent. From there, you'll have two sensors available as objects for use in RM. There is no 'family' or 'both' object. If you want a rule for "all home", you have to use both sensors in a condition.

1 Like

Forgive my stupidity but I really don't understand. @bptworld's app is named "Life360 with States" but then he entitles his post as "Life360 Tracker" and says it works with "Life 360 with States". I quote
Introducing 'Life360 Tracker'
Track your Life360 users. Works with the Life360 with States app.

Works with the new Life360 with States app.

So where is the Life360 with states app?

Life 360 with states is under “ported”.

1 Like

https://github.com/bptworld/Hubitat/tree/master/Ported/Life360

It is a ported app.

Might want to start by clicking the link you posted... :wink:

Life360 with States simply pulls all the data from Life360 (this is a heavily modified port)
Life360 Tracker uses this data to do all kinds of things. (this is my own creation)

Life360 with States runs independently of the Tracker. You can do whatever you want with the data or you can use the Tracker app to do stuff for you. Your choice.

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought I was going nuts. So just to clarify install Life360 with states app followed by Life360 Tracker? Correct?

2 Likes

I’m using Homebridge for my presence currently, but I also have the HE app installed and it works flawlessly for presence as well. Simple to use too, almost zero configuration needed.

I just noticed the advanced option in this app and its perfect for wifi since i want those for arriving just in case but they aren't reliable enough for departing so its great to have the ability to exclude that.

Thanks!

1 Like