[RELEASE] CoCoHue: Hue Bridge Integration (including scenes!)

Thanks for the quick reply - useful to know and you are right, the SmartApp uses an ST connected motion sensor to increase the poll frequency temporarily for a particular Hue Dimmer.

I'll have a go with pairing the Switch directly - when I tried this with ST it dropped off after a period of time, but maybe it will be more reliable with Hubitat, let's give it a go!

They work pretty reliably with Hubitat, although I've occasionally had them become non-responsive. Another way to deal with this if you have Apple devices is set up Homebridge so you can expose your Hubitat devices to Homekit. Hue gives you the choice of configuring Hue dimmers within Homekit, which allows you to use them to control non-Hue devices.

1 Like

I noticed this morning HPM is reporting a bad manifest for CoCoHue's Beta Location Property.

Summary

Does this happen even if you don't choose the option to use beta/pre-release releases for CoCoHue? Despite the real-world naming convention, I never used the "beta release" feature in HPM, since the 1.x versions were never in HPM and I just started with the 2.x previews, using a "regular" release in HPM. The error isn't wrong: I don't have a betaLocation in my manifest. :slight_smile: I just assumed we weren't supposed to if we weren't using it...

If the above isn't helpful, I'll post in the HPM thread to see if I can get advice on how to fix this.

I just tried installing via HPM.

Invalid Package File

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/CoCoHue/master/packageManifest.json does not appear to be a valid Hubitat Package or does not exist.

@bertabcd1234

Line 48 is the error, "version": "2.0.0-final.7, missing a close quote

1 Like

Thanks! Just put it through a JSONLint and found the same thing. I just pushed a fix, which should probably make it to the raw file HPM uses within a few minutes. @SeattleSi, this should fix your problem. @Brandon, not sure about yours, but this probably can't have hurt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was it, Thanks @dman2306 and @bertabcd1234!

This error popped up a while ago and I figured I should ask about it:

errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_RMoRobert_CoCoHue__Bridge_Instance_Child_App__226.setBridgeStatus() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Boolean) values: [true] on line 554 (setBridgeStatus)

It seems to happen whenever Hubitat calls Hue.

Based on the line number (and some searching on my part), I'm guessing that's coming from the RGBW bulb driver? If so, make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're doing HPM, it should have automatically done it for you, but doing a "Repair" on the entire installation of CoCoHue will also re-download and re-install everything to make sure all the drivers and app are up to date. If you installed it manually, I'd check every file (they should all have " * Version: 2.0.0" in the comments towards the top) but particularly the app (or the "child" app if you upgraded from 1.x and kept that setup). This error will happen if the drivers are newer than the app, as this refers to something added during the 2.x previews that was not present before.

Hope this helps!

I did the repair function and double checked that all of the drivers are current and all are 2.0.0. I checked the readme and found the note about removing the commenting marks if I upgraded, so I did that.

Corrected a bunch of mismatched drivers. Now this shows up:

2020-11-15 09:49:34.402 am [error] (http://192.168.86.53/installedapp/configure/456)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_RMoRobert_CoCoHue__Bridge_Instance_Child_App__226.setBridgeStatus() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Boolean) values: [true] on line 361 (setBridgeStatus)

line 361 unless I'm mistaken is: def refreshInt = 10

I'll admit I know the words but not what they mean when they are in that order.

Look around line 980 of the CoCoHue app code. Do you see a setBridgeStatus() method defined there? If not, you're on an old version, and manually updating from Github might be best (not sure why HPM wouldn't have). Here's the "raw" link if that helps: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/CoCoHue/master/apps/cocohue-app.groovy

Otherwise, what app or driver is that error coming from? I was guessing above since I can't see it in the logs. I also don't see a line def refreshInt = 10 anywhere in the current version of the app code--and these days I'd almost be too embarrassed to not explicitly type a variable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you use more than one hue bridge ?? I am migrating from Smartthings and could with it if so how do I add a second bridge?

Yes, you can add more than one Bridge: you just need to install a second instance of CoCoHue in the same manner as the first (Apps > Add User App > CoCoHue).

1 Like

Thanks I will get on it now looks like a great app !!

Worked like a champ have all my lights from both hubs.

Thank you for your hard work and the reply !!

1 Like

The line 361 refreshInt = 10 is in the child app code.

Manually installed the code with no effect.

In the parent app line 987 says: logDebug(" Setting Bridge status to ${value}...") is this what your looking for?

I'm not sure what app code you're looking at, but there's definitely nothing like that in the current version: CoCoHue/cocohue-app.groovy at master · HubitatCommunity/CoCoHue · GitHub

Try manually importing the raw link, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/CoCoHue/master/apps/cocohue-app.groovy, over your current "child" app (whose name should update to simply "CoCoHue - Hue Bridge Integration" after the update--no "child"). Also update the parent with the raw link, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/CoCoHue/master/deprecated/cocohue-parent-app.groovy, if you want to keep using it. Be careful to track which app was which, as the names may be confusing while the transition is in progress (I think the old parent was something like the now-only or "child" app). You should also un-comment the one suggested line in the former "child" app, though in my experience that doesn't really affect anything unless you try to add another child app.

Hot damn, that did it. I truly appreciate the hand holding. Thank you

1 Like

No problem--glad you got it fixed! I changed some things between v1 and v2 (the parent/child stricture of v1 was probably overkill for app most people would only have one instance of) but it did make upgrading a bit harder for existing users. :smiley:

2 Likes