[Deprecated] Bundle Manager

You got to be quick! I never stop working, lol

And I see from your screenshot I need to fix the columns. 3 in first and 1 in the second just won't do. Should be 2 and 2! See already working on 1.1.1

1 Like

Quick, but also sneaky... :wink:

1 Like

Also, I think we're going to have to get used to some sync issues w/HPM w/the Bundle Manager app, since it's in both locations?

This was available in HPM after I was already on 1.1.0 in Bundle Manager:

Hi Bryan,
I've just installed BM on my 'Beta' hub.
When I try installing Error Monitor I get the following message.
Error Monitor requires Normal Stuff Library be installed BEFORE Error Monitor can be installed. Please choose 'Normal Stuff Library' from the dropdown above to install.
I then install Normal Stuff Library through BM.
When I try installing EM again I still get the same message.
In the installed bundle list both of the above apps do not show and if I look in the apps code both have not been installed.
In the logs when I click on install Normal Stuff Library I get this.

Summary

When I then try to install EM I get this in the logs.

Summary

Any thoughts.

EDIT: Hub is a C3 BTW with security enabled. :blush:

Does anyone else find it somewhat ironic/funny that a bundle requires another bundle, and the bundles are not bundled? :wink: :smiley: :rofl:

1 Like

FWIW, I did not run into this problem....Just did this on one of my C7 hubs which is on the 2.3.2.120 hub beta.

1. Try to install Error Monitor and get error
  2. Install Normal Stuff w/out issue
  3. Install Error Monitor and configure w/out issue

I would like Bundles listed in the bundle search to be clickable to install. Even better, allow to select more than one to install if you can do so, and then hit an Install button to install them all.

Also, "Normal Stuff" is a little vague...maybe "BPTWorld Bundle Framework" or similar so it's usage/function is a little more obvious. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

whats NA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Odd...I'm not getting that on my main C7, and didn't see that on the secondary C7 where I just did the install I referred to above. Something going on here...

1 Like

im on C7 beta. hit the install bundle toggle, that's what triggers it on mine.

1 Like

Same - both of my C7's are on the beta. For some reason not seeing that "na" thingy. :slight_smile:

@bptworld: Slightly different issue on my end but similar to @danabw EDIT and @bobbles - sorry Bob

Tried to install event manager and got the message to install normal stuff first.

The difference is here. When I tried to install normal stuff I get an additional message that says I need to install na… see screenshots In summaries below.

Error message on install page when trying to install na (which is also obviously not an available bundle) :stuck_out_tongue:

screenshot of install page

Debug logs

BM version and device summary

BM version 1.1.0
Device: iPhone
UI: mobile app

• tried uninstalling BM then re-installing - also tried using chrome browser and got same errors.

Thanks for working on this. Excited to try new things if relevant to my usage.

2 Likes

Nope, once it's installed, there is no need to track it in HPM. Let BM handle itself.

1 Like

Good idea, I'll look into it.

Sorry, too late for that now.

Normal stuff is required for all of my apps. If I were to bundle it with each app, anytime I updated any app, it would get overridden. Keeping it separate allows me to make a change to the one file and have it update ALL of my apps! That's the beauty of using Libraries and Bundles.

Thanks, looking into it

1 Like

@bptworld
Hi Bryan.
With the introduction of BM, I'm finding that I show updates are available for your apps through HPM and BM.
As you are moving updates across to BM, to stop being notified in both apps it looks like I will have to delete everything from HPM and start again through BM. Not an ideal situation as I would have to reconfigure everything again.
Do you have any thoughts if there is a way around this situation.
Many Thanks.

No, this is covered in the first post on how to move over to BM.

Also, as I move each app over, I'm removing them from HPM. So you won't see any updates in HPM for apps that are available in BM.

I'm feeling dense... I've read the 1st post multiple times and can't find where you discuss migration. I see where it says it couldn't be easier to use, just do X, Y, and Z, but for the life of me can't find how to unlink apps from HPM. Right now I have both BM and HPM claiming ownership over Device Watchdog. I don't want to uninstall it using HPM for fear of losing my settings. Can you please quote-link the instructions for those of us who can't seem to find them?

Quick and easy...

• Install BM
  • Install 'Normal Stuff Library'
  • Install 'Any Bundle'

From now on you'll only get update notices from BM for those bundles. HPM won't have access to the code, so you won't get any update notices.

Unlinking Apps from HPM without deleting the app is up to HPM. :man_shrugging: But again, even though it says it's linked, it won't see or notify of any updates.

2 Likes

Thanks Bryan.
All done and I can see that the apps from you that I have installed via HPM have been picked up by BM. Nice job.
Thanks again.

1 Like

This is easy, I had to do it the other day as something had gone wonky over the years with HPM. Just uninstall HPM. Then reinstall it and use matchup. Once it matches up it gives you a option of what ones to match, so just don't matchup @bptworld app other than Bundle manager I suppose.

4 Likes