[Deprecated] BI Control - Local Blue Iris control

I have managed to get my Reolink cameras onto my dashboard and they record back to Blue Iris. I read here that there is some kind of integration with Google home, can you confirm what integration that is please as i also have google homes?

Where do I get the access token from?

After you install makerapi and turn on local and add a device. Go back into the app and scroll down. You should see your access token on the page in an example url and the ability to create a new token should be there.

Thanks.

First and foremost, love this work! BI has been my security server for years. I want to post here for anyone who's playing/toying with BI and Hubitat tied with Alexa.
BlueIris version 5.3.7.4 64bit has some very important benefits over previous versions. Amazon has been playing around with Echo Show devices (5", 8", 10"). Getting Echo's to show the BI RTSP stream direct from cameras is very hit or miss. Using Monocle to proxy the camera can solve many cameras, but not all. Enter BI! The streams from BI all work regardless of Show device or camera type. Doorbell cameras are especially painful to get to work - but using BI, it's a snap!

My current issue is trying to get Alexa Show devices to display when triggered. I can cause a trigger using Rule Machine to 'speak' "Alexa, show backyard" and that works, but ideally I'd like to find a way to get Alexa to display without the noise. Can anyone suggest?

An Alexa Routine with a Custom Action might do it for you. Use something like the Virtual Switch with Motion:

That would then allow you to trigger an Alexa Routine and you could use a Custom Action to silently speak to your Echo:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GLXY7RFX3L5GH2VR

I've been using this Virtual Contact Sensor with Switch to trigger Alexa Routines:
/*
* Virtual Contact Sensor with Switch
* Created by Stephan Hackett
*/

metadata {
    definition (name: "Virtual Contact Sensor with Switch", namespace: "stephack", author: "Stephan Hackett") {
		capability "Sensor"
        capability "Contact Sensor"
        capability "Switch"

command "open"
		command "close"
    }
	preferences {
        input name: "reversed", type: "bool", title: "Reverse Action"
	}
}

def open(){
	sendEvent(name: "contact", value: "open")
	if(reversed) switchVal = "off"
	else switchVal = "on"
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: switchVal)
}

def close(){
	sendEvent(name: "contact", value: "closed")
	if(reversed) switchVal = "on"
	else switchVal = "off"
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: switchVal)
}

def on(){
    sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
	if(reversed==true) contactVal = "closed"
	else contactVal = "open"
	sendEvent(name: "contact", value: contactVal)
}

def off(){
    sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
	if(reversed==true) contactVal = "open"
	else contactVal = "closed"
	sendEvent(name: "contact", value: contactVal)
}

def installed(){
	initialize()
}

def updated(){
	initialize()
}

def initialize(){
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
	sendEvent(name: "contact", value: "closed")

}

Okay... thats just. brilliant! Thansk to you for your knowledge, and Stephan Hackett for his work.

Have been really enjoying getting this set up, so thank you for developing it! I've realised every time it doesn't work, it's because blue iris has crashed (which it has never done in 18 months, but has done 3x in the last fortnight with no updates to the app as my license expired in November, I've just added two new cameras recently).

It's there a recommended way to trigger a notification if the server doesn't respond to a link/ping/... two times in a row (or something similar)? I could probably create it in RM but thought this integration might do it somewhere that I haven't found?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

There is no way of doing that right now but I'll add it to the list.

Thanks

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I'll have a go in RM to see if I can do something similar, but I think the poll feature means I'll need a smart app.

Does this allow me to display my BI cameras on the nest hub natively using it's camera function?

Welcome to Hubitat!

No, this simply controls BI from HE.

1 Like

I have this working and have managed to get my Reolink cameras to stream into my dashboard and if they see movement on my drive at night it announces it over my google homes via Hubitat.
I’ve also got it so that when the mode changes in HE either by me changing the mode or a virtual switch or routine in google it changes the profile in BI. However it seems to quite often change the profile to profile1 even though in the HE BI app I’ve matched day to profile 3, night to profile 4 and away to profile 5. I see the profiles change in BI so know the communication is there.

Any ideas?

I'd suggest checking your profiles temp time and until triggered settings and schedule in BI to make sure the schedule is off. I had that issue a long time ago and it was BI changing the profiles on it's own due to the profile settings.

My schedules are off as I’m using HE and google with BI integration to change profiles. What is temp time and until triggered? I’ve seen them but wasn’t sure what they do!

You want BI Tools

2 Likes

I set temp time to zero on all and it seems to work now, thanks.

Is there a reason Profile 0 is not selectable from BI Control?

Is profile 0 the Inactive profile?