Introducing 'BI Control'
This app is designed to work locally with Blue Iris security software.
- 100% Local Control - No Internet needed
- Ability to change BI Profile based on HE Mode
- Ability to change the BI Profile using a Switch
- Ability to move a camera to a Preset using a Switch
- Ability to get a Camera Snapshot using a Switch.
- Ability to start or stop manual recording on camera using a Switch
- Ability to control PTZ using a Switch
- Uses Hubitat's standard Virtual Switches
- Devices are also available to use in Rule Machine, Alexa and Google Home
- Parent/Child App structure
- Create as many child apps as needed
App can be found on my Github:
BI Control is one way, Hubitat to Blue Iris. BUT... there is a way to receive alerts from Blue Iris just using Rule Machine!
- In Rule Machine:
- 'Create New Rule', 'Define a Trigger', 'Name the Trigger'
- 'Select Trigger Events', 'Select capability' = 'Local End Point'
- Note: you will need the 'Local End Point URL' in Blue Iris
- 'Select Actions' to do whatever you like!
- In Blue Iris
- Select the Camera to use as a Trigger then 'Right Click' and select 'Camera Properties'.
- Select 'Alerts' and then check-off 'Post to a web address...' and then click 'Configure'
- Under the heading 'When Triggered', make sure that "Http://" is selected
- Then next to that box, put in the 'Local End Point' URL from Hubitat. Note: do not include the Http:// ... just start with the ip address. (ie. 192.168.1.123/apps/api/....)
- Click 'OK' and your done!
V2.0.2 - 02/16/20 - Fixed typo, thanks to @mluck