[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Not a problem—thanks for getting me that info!

I have an RGB device that I'll test out later next week. I'm in the middle of packing and moving, so my test devices are stuffed in a box. My apologies that the delay to get it running properly will be a little longer than that.

Just kidding about my last post—I think I fixed the issue. Why don't you give it a whirl and let me know how it works for you.

Some more info on it: I'd left in two extra bytes, and one undeclared variable, in that section of the code. I've removed them, and their code now matches up with what my notes say they should be.

Oh OK. My H801 didn't come with MagicHome. I guess there are different offerings out there. Just got asked to go back to the other side of the country next week. We'll see if I have time this weekend to swap the controller. Family time will probably prevail.

No worries—do you have one with the TuyaSmart firmware on it? I've seen a few variants floating around.

I hope you are able to enjoy some quality time with your family! This driver isn't going away or anything :wink:

1 Like

I ordered this one:

It's firmware never saw the light of day, I flashed it immediately.
I'll be switching back to the stock controller for hopefully more reliable control.
I think I have water penetration in this one. :frowning:

Edit: It had a "waterproof project box. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'd be really curious to see the inside of that unit. My enclosure looks quite a bit different (it also has an IR port). Does the firmware you have on it run commands over MQTT?

Another small update this morning---it should fix any compatibility issues with other Apps. I'd originally done something silly with how commands were being implemented, and it should be fixed, now.

Current versions:
Controllers:
RGB - 0.72
RGBW - 0.72
RGBWW - 0.72
Bulbs:
WW/CW - 0.81
RGBW - 0.72
RGBW (Legacy) - 0.72

@mjw-tan, this might fix the issue with Rooms. I'm not quite sure, though. The issue there might not get fixed until beta 0.9.

Edit: I also fixed a socket disconnected issue. Broken connections will automatically be reconnected, if possible.

don't see any errors but it doesnt turn on. Even if i set the option "Turn on this light when brightness changes? *", i see it changing the brightness but it does not turn on.

Ok @adamkempenich So I've plugged in the stock controller.
I've tried RGBW and RBGWW and both seem to not be able to control the Warm White channel.
The set level doesn't seem to work either.
I am getting some control of on/off and the Preset buttons seem to turn on the color they say they will but don't strobe or fade.

Really? Very interesting... most of these devices receive the same sequence for power on/off... does power off work?

I just want to confirm you’re using the RGBW controller driver? I will check that device out tomorrow.
Last I checked, it had been working with my hardware. I’ll be sparse the next week between work and moving, but I’ll try and get changes and updates made when possible!

1 Like

A busy few weeks here, but the RGBWW Controller driver has been updated to 0.8 :slight_smile:

It now supports refresh capability for the 5 color channels, and power. I haven't added presets to refresh, yet. I'll maybe get some updates done this weekend.

As always, let me know if you experience any issues, or have any thoughts.

1 Like

I'll be home tomorrow to resume the fiddling.

1 Like

You'll be happy to know that the RGBW Controller Driver has been updated to support refresh. It works as far as I can tell... But if it doesn't, let me know.

It doesn't support presets (yet---none of them do), though those will be coming as soon as I'm done moving.

As for development, it looks like tonight was my last chance to test anything for a week or so. Everything is boxed up, and I've started moving it over.

Current versions:
Controllers:
RGB - 0.80
RGBW - 0.80
RGBWW - 0.80
Bulbs:
WW/CW - 0.81
RGBW - 0.72
RGBW (Legacy) - 0.72

2 Likes

I just tested the set level and getting the following error on the RGB version:

EDIT: My bad i didn't set a duration with the Set level. But it doesn't seem to effect the LED strip. Level seems to stay at 100%.

Nope. My bad. I updated my hsv <> rgb methods the other day and somehow missed refactoring the name of it. If you update from GitHub, it’ll be fixed :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I just updated but still a few issues.

This doesnt seem to turn on the light:

And setting the level doesn't seem to do anything.

1 Like

Very interesting. When you set the level only, do you see any errors in the logs? Or, if you set Hue or Saturation only, does anything change?

The powerOnWithChanges setting seems to be operational in the driver exactly as it is with the other devices, so I'm wondering what could possibly be going on. I'll take a deeper dig here.

I haven't seen any errors now. After changing level, hue, saturation or color i don't see any changes. It does turn off and on though

Ah. Must be a protocol I’ve never seen. How fun :wink:

Can you send me a link to your controller on amazon or somewhere? I’m going to check out exactly what those packets are saying.

1 Like