[RELEASE] AutoRemote Device

I used Stephack's JOIN device as a base. I wrote this for my own personal use, so no bells or whistles.

You enter your personal key as a param, then can use it to send text messages through AutoRemote (usually to Tasker).

I have it working as an actuator, so you can use this in RM to send Tasker commands.

https://github.com/trunzoc/Hubitat/blob/master/Drivers/AutoRemote/AutoRemote_Device.groovy

3 Likes

This is great - but how do you use it to send messages?

It works when using the send message in the device bit how do I set it up as a messageing service to use it in RM?

FOUND OUT TO USE ACTUATOR IN CUSTOM COMMANDS :slight_smile:

Yep. Actuators. Glad you figured it out!

I think you're the only other users besides me, so let me know if you find any issues or would like any enhancements.

I think it is great - one change could be the possibility to make a message "stick" - right now they just arrive and then dissapear - this is great for confirmation of commands but if they could stick in the message menu in android it could be used for even more :slight_smile:

Do you mean stay pinned in the Notification Tray?

If so, that's a function of the AutoRemote App or Tasker. Auto Notification could probably help.

All Autoremote does is send it. What you do with it is up to you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.