[RELEASE] Auto Lock Door

That fixed it. I'm going to bed now.Thanks for working on this so quickly. Good Night.

1 Like

gnight

1 Like

You're doing a lot better than some of the "real" programmers that have worked for me throughout the years....

2 Likes

Thank you! I'll have to go in and update this later.

I've been running this for the past couple of days without issue. We had discussed adding functionality to only auto-lock when HSM was set to X. Are you still considering adding that? I know you're really busy so no rush. This is the only thing missing from my perspective. I'm not aware of another lock app that has all the functions you built in. Great work.

Yes it is still coming but I need to read up on some code about it because hsm works differently than say modes.

HSM is a WIP in my current build. I didn't forget about it.

If you get a chance, could you provide some use cases for HSM? I can code to what I think people want, but it's easier when more use cases are provided so I can account for them early on.

Here's my use case.
I have a side entry door that leads to my attached garage. I am in and out of that door throughout the day. I would like that door to only auto-lock when HSM is in certain armed modes so I don't constantly have to unlock the door when entering the house after being in the garage for ten or fifteen minutes. I have four HSM modes, Disarmed, Armed Day, Armed Night and Away. Armed day doesn't monitor that door, it is only monitored for Armed Night and Away. I would like the auto-lock to mimic the behavior of HSM. When HSM is armed secure the door, when HSM is not armed do not secure the door.

Another way to look at it is that in certain HSM modes you don't monitor all doors maybe you're just monitoring windows or windows and one door. In these cases the auto-lock would match whether the door was being monitored by HSM or not.

I hope that makes sense.

I think what I already have will cover that use case.

Still need to add some logic and a few switches to handle holding in those modes but should be good.

That looks like it would work. Is that in the most recent version? I don't see those options. I just updated this morning.

I always have the latest and greatest. It's still a work in progress. I'll release it once I get everything setup.

1 Like

Another option could be to use a Virtual switch here that will already work with the current version of this app. That would also reduce this app from being triggered on every HSM change as well.

I just mention that, as I'm very conscious about the number of apps I have and how many events they subscribe to where their code has to run. Perhaps @lewis.heidrick - you could only subscribe to HSM (and other events) if/when someone selects them?

1 Like

Yep I lock it down once I get it all flushed out. It's just hard to debug when other things can mess with settings. I already have the code for that ready to go.

1 Like

That's true. I could rig another virtual switch. I have over 100 virtual switches for things like this. I would like to stop having to create virtual switches for everything. It gets to a point where it starts to become unwieldy. I'm fine with any solution @lewis.heidrick comes up with. It was just a suggestion that would make my automations easier to manage and not have to track the state of another device.

1 Like

Without any additional logic this is already capable of this. Just unselect any hsm actions you don't want it triggered on. With None selected or not choosing an option it wont subscribe to any hsm events also.

2 Likes

You have being so helpfull to us. Thanks

1 Like

Thaks for taking care of this app each day is geting better. :+1: :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

We should probably post on the other thread for my version though so people don't get mixed up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.