# NOTE: Although I have had great success using them, Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee devices are NOT officially supported or guaranteed to work on the Hubitat Elevation platform.
I have ported this device driver from ST to HE a while ago, and I am using it on a daily basis since the last 6 months. Original ST code by bspranger. The main hurdle in the port process was to ensure a proper energy consumption report ( Big endian vs little endian), which is working now very reliably. Temperature reporting only works in Celsius, and for some reason does not seem to be accurate.
I have shared this driver code in Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained) but it is now lost in the that enormous thread.
- Make sure you have a good and stable Zigbee Mesh.
- Copy the code from my GitHub and paste it in a new Driver Code
- Pair the device with HE. After having put HE in Discovery Mode, press the button on the plug for 5 seconds. If it doesn't pair, try again.
- You should now have a working devices.
- "Your idea is stupid and slow and I don't like it" - Don't use the code
- "Your app/driver is crashing my Hub. I submitted a support ticket" - Don't do that, the fine folks at Hubitat Inc. do NOT maintain this code. This software is given free of charge with no support, implied or otherwise. I may still help...
- "The latest update broke it, FIX IT" - I do this for fun, please don't make it un-fun.
- "I have a great idea for a feature" - Go ahead and post it, I might get around to it...
- "You ignored my great idea" - See #2
- "I hate you for getting my hopes up, your app/driver is awful/buggy/stupid" - Ok, please write a better one so I can use it
- "Please fix your code, it's broken" - I write this because I enjoy coding. I will continue to support and provide updates as long as that remains the case.
- "I stole your code and made it soooo much better" - Thanks. Please post it so I can start using it.
"You are awfully sarcastic, I don't like you" - That's ok, I don't need you to
(thank you @ markus for the original FAQ this one was based on)