[Release] [App] Circadian Daylight (v0.80) (Port)

I’ll have to do some data validation there. It’s expecting an int, I think. I’ll take a look.

I have random issues with my hue lights turning on again after having switched them off (e.g. with an external switch)....It happens rarely but it happens. I then have to switch them off again so that they stay off....

This just happened for me the first time this weekend but it happened 3 times.

Does this happen with CD disabled? I just set up my hue hub again, but haven’t noticed this.

I'm also seeing the same but haven't worked out which app/driver is responsible yet.

1 Like

I'm pretty sure it's CD. For this very reason I installed the original app with the smartthings hub and noticed the same.

This is why I've deinstalled the app and so far haven't noticed any odd behavior of my lights.

1 Like

Good to know. I'll take a look at the hooks I'm using and see how I can fix it.

Probably not related, but that happened with my OSRAM BR30's last night just after midnight and after recovering from a power outage. Everything rebooted, lights responding to rules, so I shut them off. A few minutes later they came back on 100%. I thought maybe a brown out. Hit the off button on a pico, lights go out. A couple minutes later they came on again. Hit the pico off button, off they went. A couple minutes later they came on again. (No other lights or devices were miss-behaving since the original outage). I pulled up the dashboard, nudged the dimmer level up and down a few times, shut them off. After that they've stayed off. I know there was zero scientific method to anything I just typed, but none of my lights have behaved this way before and now I read these posts... Could this be a case of a Hubitat Haunting we're experiencing?

2 Likes

Well that depends. Do you have Circadian Daylight installed? Since I deinstalled it the issue has dissappeared. So in my case the problem isn't hub but app related. At least thats what I think.

1 Like

First off, love this app. Outstanding work all around.

There's one tweak I'd love to see. I have a few controls that turn my hue lights on outside the hubitat so they won't be in sync when they come back on. CD picks these out of sync bulbs and puts them back in the rotation, but it does it all in one go and it can be a bit jarring. Would it be possible to have CD pick up the out of sync bulbs and gradually fade them back in sync over several minutes instead of all at once?

Quite possibly. I’ve been taking care of a couple side projects, and have been pondering how to rewrite this app in a better way. I’ll add that to my list :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Any news on the "lights turning on again" issue? I'm missing the app....

1 Like

Not yet. I'll add it to my list for things this week.

any update?

A little, not a ton though. Gonna do some more work tomorrow :slight_smile:

Alrighty. I've been doing some digging here and have been tackling one bug at a time :slight_smile: Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop that there has been some progress here. I'll release it once I figure out the power bug.

For those with that glitch (@schlagzeug-jan, @michael.l.nelson) were those devices in a group that you were sending CD commands to? I've noticed that if a group device has the use group member to display if any device is on it can cause this behavior. I'm still trying to track down why this has happened to you, though.

1 Like

Yes, my lights are all grouped.

I wonder if that’s why they’re turning on. Could you try enabling CD for individual bulbs and see if that corrects the issue?

I had a similar issue, but I'm not using your Circadian App. I was trying to point out that it may be a group thing. Yes my lights were/are grouped.

1 Like

Stupid question here....

I just started using Hue White + White Ambiance bulbs that are color, dimmable, and CT controllable. When you first go in, the app asked you to select bulbs from one of these three groups. Which do I use? I really just want to control CT to match the time of day.

1 Like