[Release] [App] Circadian Daylight (v0.80) (Port)

Awesome, thanks again! I feel like circadian lighting will eventually be widely adopted and we'll start seeing studies on how it's beneficial for productivity in the workplace, and overall good for well-being.

1 Like

100% agreed. I remember discovering f.lux for the first time several years ago, and my world's never been the same.

I wish Philips made a colder version of their warm-glow bulbs. That would be a game changer. 6000k at 100% brightness, 2300k at 1% brightness :heart_eyes: If only...

The LIFX Day&Dusk bulbs have a range of 6000-1500. It's seriously campfirey here around bedtime.

1 Like

Nice! That is some high resolution color shifting right there.

1 Like

Updated to 0.72.
• Fixed an issue with sunset offset issues (Thanks to @kilowatts!)
• Added custom zip code overrides. Let me know how (if? :laughing:) this works for you.

1 Like

Does this only work for HUE bulbs ?

Works for every CT/RGB/Dimmable device supported by Hubitat.

I’ve updated the descriptions in my development build to better represent that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Yeah, it's me from the other thread.
I don't know the etiquette in this form at the moment so I come straight at you with this:

could you program an app with the function demonstraited in this video?
I would use it by trigering it from the Google assistant witch is tied in to the Google clock app... a perfect weak up light.

1 Like

You’re a mind-reader.

I’m actually working on an implementation similar to this already. No set release or coding on it yet, though.

In the meantime, Rule Machine has a great Dim over N minutes function that’s been tying me over.

I use sleep as android at the moment. but just because it turns from a dark red slowly to a nice daylightish white. Did not even have to convince my wife for that :joy:
But I hate to have too alarm clock apps (or also other single purpose stuff on my phone/in my house). That's why I want so badly get rid of the hue bridge as well.

Good luck then

2 Likes

I grabbed the version from the 1st post but modes option doesn't seem to work. Has this been fixed?

In the latest version that I’m testing, yes. You mean:

Disable when in these modes

Correct?

Hey Adam,

is it intended that the mode override to get warm colors (Sleep Modes) only works when the current time is past the sunset time. E.g. I have a light coming on very early in the morning (still in my "Night" mode) but it comes on as daylight. I can see in the code that you filter it based on the sunset time:

def getCTBright() {	

if(location.mode in settings.smodes) {
		if(currentTime > sunsetTime.time) {
			if(settings.dcamp == true) {
				colorTemp = coldCT
			}
			else {
				colorTemp = warmCT
			}
		}
		if(settings.ddim == false) {
			brightness = 0.01
		}
	}
}

The if(currentTime > sunsetTime.time) is what is throwing it off...
I took that filter out for in my local code but I figured I ask as it goes against the "Protip: You can pick 'Nap' modes as well!". At least for me, my nap times are not always past the sunset time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nope. I'm not sure why this was done in that manner. I still have to refactor those variables, so I'll fix that in the same swoop. What was version 0.73 has suddenly gained enough functionality and changes to be 0.80 :crazy_face: I've jumped ahead in my pipeline for development, but that's fine with me!

I'm out traveling the next couple days, but will do my best to get a release by Friday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. The moment sunset time passes, lights turn on at coldCT. Was waiting for someone else to notice :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I'll fix that for ya.

This is a app I need for the winter.... were I live the sun goes down at 4PM the earliest and doesn't come up until 9AM and it completely throws me off.

I need it to simulate daylight for summer time so my brain clock doesn't tear itself apart.

BTW many military members suffer worse from this issue if they also have PTSD like me.

2 Likes

Same here. I have some LED strips hidden behind curtains that I use to simulate sunlight/sunrise and help keep our house's heads together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The VA will give disabled military that suffer from PTSD and depression head gear that has LED lights on the brim to simulate daylight and help keep them stable. They are bulky and not very friendly at all.

Circadian lighting for the whole house is a much better idea !

2 Likes

That's a great idea...

1 Like