[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

What Tony suggested is all I need to do. No need to add any "copy" option for me.
Thanks for all your hard work and the program. The more I use it the more I like it.

Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm about to stir a hornet's nest...

@jpage4500, I know the subject of buttons has been troublesome and I've just discovered that I can put at least 10 on a virtual button and I have no idea what the limit is. I see that you support 5 and I'm wondering if that might increase but I haven't had time to think about how I'll suggest they be shown/pushed as I first want to see if you'll even entertain the idea.

My use case is setting the number of hours to pass to a node-red timer so I can have it de-ice my eaves now that snow and ice have returned. I first wanted to use a dimmer to not only set the time but also show how much "on" time is left but I couldn't find a way without serious display issues. And I did see that there are other solutions but I don't want 3rd party tiles.

:running_man:
as fast as I can...

@jpage4500, Though this works to make a duplicate of a tile, what I need is a duplicate of a device but a new tile. This is so I can make the device a temperature sensor in one folder, but perhaps a door sensor in another (for devices with multiple functions).

Is this possible?

That's not currently possible; it's a feature I requested in a prior post (to have separate tiles allowing selection of different attributes of the same device). It's on the list...
See: [RELEASE] Android app for wall mounted tablets and phones

1 Like

That's what I was going to try to implement next. I haven't put enough thought into it yet in case there's something tricky that comes up.. but, that's the goal

1 Like

Yeah, I've never been happy with the UI for 1 or more buttons.. each one supports 3 functions: click, double-click, hold. Press and hold is how I show more device options for a tile so that makes things a little tricky. Then, add several more buttons and things get messy..

What I might end up doing is offering a few options for how to display buttons.. with 1 option just showing a popup with all of the buttons in a scrollable vertical list. That would allow for any number of buttons being supported

2 Likes

There is a way to keep the screen on all the time but at full brightness during the day and allow it do dim at night. Just setup the on/off times in the app. That will keep the screen ON full brightness. Then, go into your phone's settings, developer options and hit 'stay awake' button. The developer options is hidden by default - see here

Yeah I can use those additional button functions to get up to 15 hours, which is twice what I really need, and I'll try that to see how easy it is for the (less technical) lady of the house.

I just pushed a version (1.0.671) which I hope will fix the SSLException seen in Wink Relays (or any device running API 19 - Jelly Bean or below).

I just noticed the video stream is darker when it's blown up. Is that on app side or my side?

nothing i can think of that would do this.. is it cropping the image so maybe you're not seeing the entire thing?

Emailed you the two pics.

just pushed another quick build - 1.0.674 (beta); just has a few fixes for issues I noticed on my test device. There's also a fix for a user-submitted issue where the app might not sync when the device wakes up..

@jpage4500, After the latest update (Google Play Store) I'm getting a white screen of death. Have to manually close app. Tried a reboot, uninstall/reinstall, cleared cache, cleared all data, more reinstalls. It worked after the full clear reinstall until I imported an old (Sept) settings file. Now white screen again. Nothing changed on my end other than the update.

This is on a Samsung S10+ Afraid to try my car head unit.

sorry about that.. I was hoping I was the only one who saw that issue. I found a bug where the app would crash on start and fixed it in the last version 1.0.674.. I'm hoping that you have a prior version so the next update everything would work as before.

UPDATE: I think I see how this happened now.. it was a super small change but the order of how I was initializing things got switched around.. I'll fix it now and push out a build

Ditto for me

And, we're back :slight_smile:

That worked, at least with the radar.weather.gov URL I tried (the NOAA example URL's seem to be missing in the tile settings).

That seems to have fixed it. I had removed all settings in troubleshooting. But with my older backup it isn't too hard to get things back the way they were.

Thanks for the quick fix!

I started to refactor the image/video dialog a little to fit more options in. The URL examples are still there if you click on the "URL" label (not obvious I know..)

Speaking of this dialog.. does anyone have a use case for a WebView tile? One of the URL Types I was going to add was a WebView (basically a mini browser).. I didn't add it yet but was curious of some use cases before doing it. For example, maybe some weather website.. it would have to look good in a tile which depends on the site itself.. clicking on it would open up a much larger version.

1 Like