[Deprecated] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil)

Sorry if I insist, but from logs they are two different issues: your it's during echo devices discovery, tomm's one is during cookie refresh.

Looking at your logs probably your cookie is fine because 200 it's not an error but it's an OK, if cookie is wrong you should receive some other status code (maybe 401 unauthorized?).

Your error is related to the fact that app expects content type "application/json" instead you receive a "text/html", it's the same issue that other users had in the past, even before that JS renew was introduced:

If you want to debug it more, replace this line
log.error "Encountered an error. http resp.status = '${resp.status}'. http resp.contentType = '${resp.contentType}'. Should be '200' and 'application/json'. Check your cookie string!"
with this:
log.error "Encountered an error. http resp.status = '${resp.status}'. http resp.contentType = '${resp.contentType}'. resp.data = '${resp.data}'. Should be '200' and 'application/json'. Check your cookie string!"
and post the result.

1 Like

@tomm1313 have you choosen a country under Please choose your country in Hubitat Alexa App?

1 Like

@gabriele I will check into your suggestion after this weekend. I appreciate your feedback and assistance. My daughter arrived unexpectedly from Tennessee and I haven’t seen her in almost 2 years since she got married and moved away with her husband who’s active duty Army. Nice surprise for Fathers Day! In any event, my troubleshooting is on hold this weekend while I enjoy my time with her. I’ll be back in touch in a few days. Thank you!

I lied, I had time to test this... here's the log result:

Looking back on others posts, I don't see how this was "fixed" for those users specifically... one said after multiple attempts it just started working... interested in learning more for sure on how to correct this! Thanks!

1 Like

:rofl:
Tech +1
Long Lost Daughter 0

2 Likes

Hahahaha priorities :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems that Amazon is asking to sign-in again, so cookie it's not working but honestly I don't know the reason and unfortunately there isn't a clear solution in other posts too.

I've also checked if there is an updated version of the library that I'm using to get and refresh the cookie but it's still the same.

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have any other ideas and I cannot give you the solution as present for Father's day.. :slight_smile:

Tried to enter in all the info from Safari thinking maybe it was an issue with my chrome browser... but no go... where is it failing? From nodejs or from the Alexa TTS Manager app? Anyone have a different hub that doesn’t have this on it that they could try setting up as a new user? Just curious.

When using the NodeJS procedure, browser shouldn't matter because cookie is generated by the underlying proxy in NodeJS.
Actually it's failing in Alexa TTS Manager app, but probably because the cookie provided by NodeJS it's not working correctly.

But considering that other users had the same issue with a cookie obtained directly from the browser (at that time NodeJS refresh wasn't there) I think that it's something more Amazon side than something under our control...

@ogiewon Dan this app isn't working anymore. I think Amazon changed its featureaccess cookie value.

1 Like

@anon61068208

Do you mean that new installations aren't working? Because I'm still able to use AlexaTTS announcements.

The cookie format has changed.... when the cookie get's refreshed it won't work anymore.

Echo Speaks is affected as well.

1 Like

Ahh ....

Thanks for the information. I’m away this week and will not be able to work on it until next week. Hopefully Echo Speaks finds a fix that I can borrow! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nothing from @tonesto7 yet. He did login 3 hours ago so hopefully knows about it now.

Can you manually refresh the cookie? Like we used to before @gabriele developed the automatic refresh server?

I was wondering this myself.

Yes this seems to still work

Not for me

i deleted all the info in the fields for the node server, then got my cookie from chrome and pasted.

my echo started talking again

1 Like

Hopefully the hubitat staff update the Alexa skill soon to be able to trigger routines off of sensors.

It would make this a lot easier I think.

3 Likes