[Deprecated] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil)

It is found in the first post of this thread. It is the code I wrote.

Install "Echo Speaks" and see if it works in Australia.

1 Like

as a test I wont go down the node.js route, i'll just throw in the fortnight cookie and see if it works.

I believe it does work in AU and NZ

1 Like

I just updated the Alexa TTS Manager App in an attempt to add support for Australia. Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

2 Likes

Little disappointing. I tried again tonight every which way to get this working after updating the cookie.js file and I still can't get it work work successfully. I even created a brand new amazon account and associated my echo gen2 to the new account and pointed the nodejs login info to the new account. Same behavior with error 200 check your cookie. I give up...

One thing I found was when looking at my registered amazon devices I had like close to 30 of these lines...

These are from the nodejs server when you login. I even went through and de-registered them all and cleaned up all the registered devices and tried it again... same behavior. :frowning: back to Echo Speaks I guess which was working for me just fine.

For shits and giggles I captured my cookie from amazon directly, then added the nodejs refresh URL... this allowed me to add my echo devices. Interested to see what happens when the cookie expires... It'll likely fail...

did you restart node ?

Hey @ogiewon,
I followed all the instructions, copied the response header etc, install the driver and app. Plugged that all in, did the aussie drop down and set Aus as the country and pushover to notify if error. Just came up saying check cookie as the error in pushover.

Log:
dev:752019-06-25 08:46:21.572 pm errordeviceNotification errorRead timed out

dev:752019-06-25 08:46:10.674 pm infoSending Message: [Alexa TTS: Please check your cookie!] Priority: [null] to [All Devices]

app:1672019-06-25 08:46:10.651 pm errorEncountered an error. http resp.status = '200'. http resp.contentType = 'text/html'. Should be '200' and 'application/json'. Check your cookie string!

I deleted my nodejs container on my nas and rebuilt it, so technically yes.

Which country are you in? Just want to make sure you're attempting this from a country where everything is known to work.

Thanks for the feedback... I think we just need to figure out the correct URLs for Australia to get it working...:thinking:

@stevebott123 - I just re-verified the URL's used by "Echo Speaks" for use in Australia. I believe I am using the correct ones. Are you sure you manually copied the cookie correctly from your browser? Also, you have to make sure to NOT log out of the browser session after you log into "alexa.amazon.com.au" with your credentials. Also, I assume that your Amazon Echo device is connected to the Australia amazon site, correct? For this to work in Australia, your devices need to be associated with an Australian Amazon user account.

I’m in USA.

@inetjnky OK... So, if I have read your posts correctly, you were able to successfully copy and paste your cookie into the Alexa TTS Manager App, discover your devices, and send TTS commands to them - correct?

Your only issue is with the automatic Cookie NodeJS server side of things, correct?

1 Like

That’s correct ogiewon.

So, my NodeJS Alexa-Cookie automatic refresher also appears to be having an issue. I'll try to see what's up later tonight.

1 Like

Yup the refresh isn't working... I just tested that. If I do a manual refresh and paste the loginCookie is still doesn't refresh.

Hey @ogiewon,
I copied the response header from the dev tools in my chrome browser. The browser was open the whole time I was messing with the app.
Does it matter if I have 2fa on my account ?
My address and location are set to australia from what I can see.

So, I went through the NodeJS AlexaCookie amazon login procedure again this evening. I was able to get the necessary pieces and parts to paste back into my Hubitat Alexa TTS Manager App again, on 2 hubs. Both were then able to automatically request a new cookie using the toggle switch in the App. After 5 minutes, both had a valid cookie and TTS is working again.

We'll have to wait and see what happens in a few days. :crossed_fingers:

I have 2FA on my account, and do not have the same issues as you're having.

I saw you posted in the "Echo Speaks" thread...does that mean Echo Speaks is working for your Australia account/Amazon Echo devices?

hey @ogiewon - yours is the only one I have tested currently.
Was trying to get this one to work.
*echo speaks requires a ST hub it says in its paperwork.