[Release] [*ALPHA*] Lightify Gateway Integration - 0.22

I was going to say you're a BEAST for developing this so fast, but now I'll say you're the @Kings!

3 Likes

> Removes sword from scabbard
> I dub thee sir Michael Nelson

Edit: Oh dang! What the heck! There's actually a king icon next to my bow tie. Wow---thanks!

@Bobby -- is this some kind of sweet sweet Valentine's day gift? Who is my Valentine? :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

BTW, I found a webpage that lists all of the firmware for the lights with download links. OTA Firmwares - Ledvance Firmware. One thing I have noticed is that the Lightify gateway doesn't control large groups of lights as well as my HE hub does. I moved a 9 light group to the gateway and ended up moving it back because it was faster and more reliable on HE. Nothing to do with this integration, I was controlling it from the lightify app. I will qualify this by saying I have a HE hub just for lights.

1 Like

Something I've noticed is that using Groups in the Lightify hub has helped me locate bad bulbs --- there are two or three of them that will simply kill my mesh.

I suppose this is a mileage-may-vary deal :slight_smile:

There were a couple I had to remove and pair again to the lightify gateway. I didn't have that issue when I paired them back to HE. I can't tell what channel the lightify gateway is on and may be suffering from interference.

1 Like

just saw this King and Queen for A Day!

3 Likes

@adamkempenich I finally got this to work and I'm sure that it was something that I was doing but anyhow after I reinstalled your app it works. I added a couple of bulbs and they are working and now are showing up in Hubitat. Thanks

1 Like

Just in time for me to push an update later today :joy:

I’m glad you got it working!! Hopefully the next version has those kinks worked out.

1 Like

Really appreciate your work @adamkempenich. I have several PAR16 (GU10) CCT lightify bulbs that didn't work 100 % reliably when connected to Hubitat.

I just migrated them over to the Lightify Gateway I still had to do updates on occasion and installed your code - works great so far :slight_smile:

I just noticed something odd: I have Hubitat Groups (v2.1) set up to group my bulbs (3 per group) and these groups are controlled by Motion Lighting apps - basically one dimmer per ML app. This worked fine (most of the time) with the bulbs connected to Hubitat, but via the Lightify gateway, it's hit or miss if just, 1, 2 or all 3 bulbs per group will turn on. Same when turning the group on via Google Assistant. However, it seems to work every time when pushing the web UI On button.

Any idea what might be the issue?

Thanks,
Jan

Suck up LOL
You know im joking right ?

Hey! Has anyone commended @anon61068208 for @Kings? :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m not sure if this is because packets get dropped, or if commands get missed. Actual groups are coming later today, so it’ll be fixed in a different way until I can see why your issue occurs—I’ve noticed it too.

3 Likes

That's how that works ? Never knew that LOL

2 Likes

I think @adamkempenich did but I would if he didn't.

4 Likes

I assume it’s because when the bulbs were on HE you could use group messaging to control the lights all at once. Once Adam releases the groups update, it should work comparably well by using group messaging on the Lightify gateway.

Alright. Just put the final touches on 0.22. I will finish testing this evening and publish it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Groups Update is up! 0.22

You don't have to, but I highly suggest deleting your old app, and starting fresh.

Changes:

1. A lot of driver names have changed.
  2. There are also a few new drivers!
  3. Groups have been added!
  4. The bulb management/discovery process has been re-done.
  5. A lot of small bug fixes. Gateway setup now works properly again.
    6 . Github URLS have changed—please copy and paste the new code in manually!

I left some debug stuff in this release. This is a huge departure from the way things were handled in prior versions, and I'm still putting a lot of time into getting this polished.

2 Likes

Ok, I've updated and added the drivers and app. I open the App and see the Manage Groups option. When I open it my group isn't showing up. Is there a manual step I'm missing?

Can you confirm your gateway device has been created, and that it is parsing data back from your Lightify hub?

I've had this running almost since day 1 (about 10 days now I think) so the Gateway Device is there, when I trigger via the HE dashboard a dim command the lights respond. I also toggled on the debug log switch and see a this in the logs:

LOG

dev:23062020-02-15 11:37:27.906 pm debug2135 >= 5000. First run: true

dev:23062020-02-15 11:37:27.904 pm debugProper time has passed, or it is the device's first run.

dev:23062020-02-15 11:37:27.868 pm infoLightify (192.168.1.52): Connection successfully established

dev:23062020-02-15 11:37:25.866 pm infoLightify (192.168.1.52): A connection issue occurred.

1 Like

Also I realize it's pretty late and you've been coding (as far as I can tell) all day and night; we can work this out after you've taken a breather.

1 Like