[RELEASE] Alarm.com App

Fair.
Any way to make the switch not allow for disarming?
I can probably make something using logic.

As it stands, my SharpTools dashboard allows for arming/disarming via a single tap. I've had the same thought you did, which was, "What if an intruder gets in and just disarms the system?" But then again, my wife or I have been at the house ever since mid-March, so alarm system security hasn't exactly been a pressing need.

I do plan to add a preference to disallow disarming or force a PIN to disarm. I haven't spent a ton of time with SharpTools, so I'm still getting acclimated, but adding a custom command that accepts a PIN to disarm in HE would be trivial.

I'll try to get to it when I can, but in the meantime suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

The PIN thing would be ideal.

It just seems to me that if someone broke in either at night with you home or while folks are out, they can walk up to the panel and just push DISARM button and done.

What I have done with it at this point is make it arm as part of my BEDTIME scene.

No display access to arming or disarming at this time.

@TheMigDig

assuming you turned on secure admin access within hub settings....

create a dashboard with what switches you want secure then setup a pin to access that dashboard.
on your main dashboard create a tile for "Dashbord link" select the dashboard you want from the list...... and bob is now your uncle. anytime you selct to enter that dashbord by link cloud/local/applist you have to enter your pin.

1 Like

MAN!!! I swear you all are some of the most creative people I've gotten to chat with!! Your ideas and creativity are boundless on how to make HE work for you.. I have been in HE for about 2 months now and I still feel line i'm a toddler stumbling around trying to get my feet under me!!! Don't get me wrong I have everything working as it was on my previous hub (Wink) and in a couple cases better than the old hub, but my Dashboards are ugly and clumsy to say the least! Not to mention I get lost down the so-called "rabbit hole" when it comes to making a rule LOL. I sometimes wonder if my rules are just to crazy and if they could be simplified. But that's what this community is about, right?? To help each other out!! You all are amazing.. Sorry for the bloated message. I just had to voice my admiration and appreciation to the HE community, From the troller that just drops a quick message, to the Dev peeps that create these awesome apps. So, thanks for this sub-dashboard idea that is under a pin code. It would have never occurred to me that this could be done!!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@jmpierce first off let me tell ya, I'm loving this ADC integration, it is working flawlessly. The only issue i'm running into has nothing to do with the ADC integration app/driver you created, its the geozone delays with HE app, but that's besides the point. I was laying in bed last night about asleep and had my brain go, "What if...." and well I spent like 30 mins spinning on this thought, then figured I'd bring it up to ya today. So anyways, here was the little "what if.." question I got.. Have you thought about or think there is a way to make Arm Stay and Arm Away have a "setting" or option on it's tile, or something to have the ability to send ADC the command to Arm Stay or Arm Away with the "Silent Arming" and "No Entry Delay"? I mean you could put in the "Force Bypass" as well but I don't use that function LOL. The reason I had this thought come up, is I have a Rules created (one for when I go to bed and when I leave) that has a trigger to Arm Stay (bedtime) Arm Away (Leaving) and when these trigger like they are suppose to, I lay in bed listening for the xx second countdown beeps till it actually arms. Anyways, just a thought to improve your already wonderful App.

Cheers!!

Sorry for the delayed reply. I actually have thought about adding a "no delay" and "silent arm" option. I haven't had much time lately to spend on the app, since it's working for what I (mostly) want it to do.

When I get back to spending some time on some home automation stuff, I'll see if I can work in your suggestion. Thanks for the feedback!

@jmpierce, no worries.. It was just a thought and i figured it never hurts to share. I hope all is well in your parts, and if/when you get around to it let me know and i'd be happy to be the test pig for it HAHAAH!!..

Take care!

1 Like

Now that we are able to get into ADC through hubitat is there any way to monitor the other sensors on the ADC system? Thank you for all your hard work on this.

Not currently. The challenge there is that the app/devices get updates via pull requests only. I have mine dialed back to every 30 minutes, so effectively the device statuses would only be updated every 30 minutes or so. You could increase your polling frequency to something as often as every minute, but I wouldn't recommend it...

I also kind of doubt push functionality will ever really be available. The challenge is alarm.com likes to position itself as its own smart home platform. So offering integrations with other platforms seems unlikely.

First off let me say, I hope everyone is well..

I am curious.. has anyone been seeing errors like:
ADC ERROR (getSystemStatus): java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

I have been getting those for the last week or 2 and have had polling set to 1min. To work around it, i have to go in the ADC app and re-enter my password and it's fine for a while, but sooner or later i have to do it again. I will say have dropped my polling back to 5mins to see if that helps, but thought i'd come on here and ask the question none the less.

It means your hub couldn't connect to the alarm.com web services. Could be your Internet connection, could be alarm.com itself, could be anywhere in between.

It's not the app though, since it's just firing a web service call out and waiting for a response. In the case of your error, the service did not respond before the timeout limit, which resulted in the error you're seeing.

I’ve been seeing that pop up in the past couple of weeks as well. Makes me think it’s something on alarm dot com’s end.

Sorry for the delayed response.. Its been a crazy week for me here..

@jmpierce I understand what it's doing, I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing it as I was thinking ADC was having issues. I wasn't trying to point at the app as the app has been working flawlessly since you released it. Thanks for the info none the less. And i'm still hopeful for the app to be able to do that silent arming like we talked about previously!! :star_struck:

@TroyP I was thinking the same thing, that's why I was asking the community to see if it's just me or if someone else was having issues. My syslog doesn't show any as of this morning so I hope ADC figured out the issue and fixed it. Let me know if yours cleared as well..

Ya'll have a great rest of your week, and thanks again for the responses

Thanks, @steelz1. Wasn't being defensive, just wanted to point out (to others) these types of errors don't originate from the app.

Regarding silent alarming, I do need to get around to that. Apologies I haven't had much time to spend on it. Much like your week, my last six months have been crazy. :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback!

@jmpierce it's all good man!!! I just wanted to make sure i stated that I thought it was ADC not you're glorious app!! lol..

It would be great, but I totally understand the craziness.. I won't get into my insanity.. Just know I can relate to it and understand lol.. no apologies necessary!!

Cheers!!

1 Like

I’ve searched my old logs and it’s been good the past 3 days for me. I had been using an ADC integration previously with ST for about 2 years and occasionally noticed they would have some intermittent issues. But for an unofficial integration, I’ve been really happy with it.

1 Like

Yea I have been watching it and it appears to be happening ONLY when HE tries to switch the ADM Arm... I realized there is a correlation between me leaving the house, and the alarm not getting armed, then getting a notification from "Alarm.com" app stating that I left the area and didn't arm the alarm. So I arm it from the Alarm.com app and all is well. When i get home the ADC Disarm switch is triggered and works without an issue. It is really odd...

I just checked my logs again and still not seeing any more occurrences of the error here.
Turns out that I’m about to switch to the Ring alarm, just waiting for it to arrive. No complaints about this app though!

I just restarted my HE as i'm wondering if something might just be hung up in HE/App.. I did it just a little bit ago, but i'll report back later in the week and see if things are fixed from a graceful reboot..