[RELEASE] Advanced Zooz Zen27 / Zen26 Central Scene Dimmer and Switch Drivers

No.. It’s easier.. Just put the node ids in preference

1 Like

on the source, you put the Node ID of the destination? or vice versa? or both?

destination.. Because the association is a one way thing.. It tells the device to send the command classes in that association to the associated nodes..

1 Like

so example: if you want to control a bulb from the dimmer..
You add the bulb’s node id in the list on the driver preference...

If you need some help PM me.. I’d be happy to explain it further

1 Like

@bcopeland

Hi Brian. So on my Zen27 I have the manual control re-enabled and I searched and found this from Joel to ‘bind’ my physical switch to the VS that Alexa controls. Initial testing looks good so far so I think I have a solution.

[RELEASE] Switch Bindings

1 Like

I'm not sure if the reports of what is supported are correct, but the actual behavior matches the command class specs per z-wave alliance...

• sceneNumber: Which physical button
  • keyAttribute: which action was performed

1 Like

Interesting.. I'll have to do some more testing on this .. as I was following the zooz specs / docs...

Have you been working on a driver for the zooz zen30? I saw what I needed ordered away, but did not check the list woops, zen 30 is not there yet. Thanks

1 Like

Do you need a driver for zen30? There is a built-in driver.. Does it not do what you need?

First off I'm new to Hubitat. Wink is in the trash with 4 relays. I found the article with saying that the driver was in the new update. It came into the device tree properly. Parent/Child The Light dimmer in is my dashboards and works great, but I'm having trouble with the fan. Should it be a button or a switch assignment on the Dashboard?

:man_shrugging: I’m not familiar with this device.. So I’m not sure

You can use it as a button or a switch to trigger an automation, but it needs to appear as a switch in the dashboard if you want to be able to turn it on and off.

My Zen 30's work fine. Driver is a dimmer with any feature I've needed, and a child device that is a switch. But curious of something is missing that i'm not thinking of.

1 Like

Despite the recent C7 hub and zwave radio upgrade I'm still having issues with these drivers not working. They report state properly but I'm not able to turn on/off. The generic Hubitat Zooz Central Scene Switch driver works fine but doesn't have the advanced features. Anyone else having similar experiences?

1 Like

I'm using this switch, and having issues while rolling over from ST to my new C7. I have it in a motion lighting scenario, with a ZooZ 4-in-1 sensor. It works fine for a few hours after setup, then stops working, will only work manual and even the buttons in the app won't turn it on/off. I'll have to look into the logs a bit more, since i do have the switch also running some Alexa routines.

@bcopeland which setting in your driver should I be using? I've looked at the raw zooz settings page: ZEN27 S2 Dimmer VER. 3.01 Advanced Settings - Zooz Support Center
I think it would be parameter 9, but I don't see parameters numbers listed in this driver.

I did have the same issue with at least the zen26 and a couple zen22, where these drivers were not working for me, they were reporting status fine but couldnt turn them on/off from the device or dashboard so i went back to the default driver. They work perfectly with the default driver, they report status and I am able to control them from the device page and from the dashboard. i would like to use the personalize drivers because they have way more options if not all but for some reason they didnt work for me in the exact same way than for you.

FWIW I have two Zen27's and am using the copland V1.4 driver. I've had no issues since installing...maybe 6 months ago.

One is within 20' of the hub the other ~26' as the crow flies. Or perhaps better said "as the field propagates".