[NOT MAINTAINED] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

No problem

I have had this thermostat for well over a year. Requested official Hubitat support and was glad when it finally came. This driver is even better as it includes all the parameters. One problem I have with the thermostat that has been a problem since the beginning. Is I am unable to set the temperature in half degree implements when operating in degrees Celsius. I try from the device page and it simply won't change the set point. I can of course physically go to the device on the wall and change the set point to half degree accuracy. (e.g. 21.5 degrees Celsius) but I am unable to do that from Hubitat. A solution would be great.
Thanks.

:thinking: This is a device limitation.. In fact it appears as though it only accepts the change in degrees fahrenheit..

scratch that.. You mean set temp not adjust.. Let me see what I can come up with

It's probably the most popular Honeywell Thermostat at the moment and this will make me finally pull the trigger on it.

I have a few driver improvement suggestions:

1. Add the "note: ISU options" notes to the app. This would make setting the app on the screen easier an you would not need to refer to the manual.

2. Loading this advance driver has seemed to wipe out my initial settings I added to the T6, which is mildly annoying. Having the information from the manual would ease the pain in reprogramming.

3. Also the ability to copy configurations from one thermostat to another would be helpful. After I get my thermostat working in my home, My dad wants to install 5 of these in his home. The heat settings for all thermostats would be identical and this would greatly save on installation and setup time.

Thanks!

PS while I'm posting this I'd appreciate community help for my other thermostat problem posted here:

By the way I found a code error. Both the temperature and humidity is being recorded in the log under the name “got temp”. I believe It’s on line 451. It should be changed to got humidity.

If you hit configure first it would have pulled down all the settings stored in the device.. After about 6 seconds all the preferences should have matched what was stored in the device. you may have to refresh the page before it shows the correct values..

Not a bad idea.. Not exactly sure how to implement this off hand .. But I’ll give it some thought..

Reasonable request.. I can do this

Yep.. That would be a bug.. I’ll check it out

Guys, i thinking about replacing ecobees with T6
Is hardware on wall lockable with passcode, so kids can't change settings?
If zwave network is lost, will thermostat operate independently?
Is there better local thermostat than this?

I'm pretty happy with mine.

Yes, the thermostat will operate independently without the Z-wave network.

I didn't check the thermostat for a lock, but you can accomplish the same thing in Rule Machine (maybe Simple Automation Rules, too).
Pseudocode:

Trigger: Temp setpoint on T6 thermostat *changed*
Action: Set T6 thermostat to scheduled setpoints.

Then you just set your schedule in the HE thermostat scheduler. That would make it impossible to change the temperature without changing the schedule on the HE.

P.S. I happened to have my Install Guide on my desk, and there is a lock that prevents any input from the display. It's activated through the installer setup options.

1 Like

Picked up a new open box unit on eBay yesterday for under $30 shipped, can't beat that!

2 Likes

Yes, people have started grabbing all the cheap ones. I am currently running 9 T6s and looking for 1 more! 3 systems, 11 zones, and 4 of the stats are running flush mount wired indoor remote sensors, all on AC power.

The SensorCal seems to be defaulted to -3. Is that what you intended?

Also, not that it is needed, but Indoor Sensor (ISU #500), Sensor Type (515) and Temperature Control (520) aren't in the preferences. Was that intended?

Long winded intro, I'm trying to graph my thermostat operating state with Grafana via InfluxDB. The InfluxDb/Grafana stuff is working fine for temp and humidity, but for thermostat operating state it will only graph the valueBinary which has both idle and cooling as 0, heating as 1.

I've been investigating altering that through influxDB or Grafana and I have not found a way to do it in either. I wonder if this is something in the driver or if the Honeywell itself is reporting both idle and cooling as the same numeric value.

Don't feel bad, it didn't come with all the freakin' parts! It's missing the UWP Install System which is essentially what you connect the wires to and mount to the wall. I called Honeywell and was basically told good luck, you can't get just that part. So I can't wire it or mount it the way it was meant to be. So if I plan on using it I'm going to have to get pretty creative.

Bummer! Was it advertised as complete? Ebay is pretty good about protecting sellers.

Another option is to pick-up any cheap T-series stat (working or not) on eBay, fb Marketplace, Offerup, Mercari or Craigslist that has the UWP with it. I can give you the pin-outs, but I think the UWP is what snaps it to the wall or the trim plate so you probably need it. The non z-wave stuff goes pretty cheap.

"The Honeywell T Series, a family of non-connected and Wi-Fi connected thermostats, has one thing in common (aside from good looks) a single standard wall mount."

Yep, was advertised as complete. I contacted the person I purchased it from and let them know what Honeywell told me and within 5 minutes had a full refund, Oddly enough you mention trying to find a cheap T-series, that's the thought I had about 30 minutes ago and have been digging around to find the cheapest option. I hadn't thought about FB Marketplace or Mercari, thanks for those suggestions!

I found 2 on ebay less than $10!!

Jesus, the caffeine must really be working on me, I haven't found any that cheap. I haven't had caffeine in almost 8 years and grabbed a drink with some in it and my mind is going like a billion miles an hour. Mind sharing the links? =)

Sorry, I was just scanning for cheap T models to get the UWP base, using recently sold prices. The U version, and T2-T6 go pretty cheap. Here is one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honeywell-T6-Pro-Programmable-Thermostat-TH6210U2001/153907846444?hash=item23d59f5d2c:g:kPYAAOSwQ8Veos3M