[NOT MAINTAINED] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

Does this driver include a command for Away/Home occupancy? I don't see it in there & I'd like to request that it be added. Thanks.

It does.

The thermostat either lets use set a schedule or use Occupancy. This is an either-or choice. This driver lets you enable Occupancy by selection "No schedule/Occupancy based schedule" under Schedule type.

I have it set up that way and my mode setpoints work really well, both using Thermostat Scheduler and with RM rules. But a weird thing is that even when my HE mode is away the thermostat display never says Away, only Home.

Looking at the driver, it looks like the setting I might be after is setSchedule, which isn't supported here. Would this be the way to switch between Away and Home?

My T6 arrives today and I'm looking forward to integrating it with my home automation system! As a precursor, I just finished reading through this thread and noted something that may be worth commenting on. Apparently the thermostat will need the "C" wire connection to work correctly with this driver. When its continuously powered, the T6 acts as a Z-Wave repeater and doesn't go into "sleep mode". No "C" wire connection may very well be what's behind reports of "having to enter a command twice" or "my thermostat isn't responding" comments. I'm also interested in schedule settings that are exposed here since when the T6 is z-wave connected, it disables its local scheduling capabilities. Also concur with the external temperature probe remarks. Sadly, the external sensor for my current Honeywell t-stat won't give me anything more than heat pump optimization on this model. A bit of a letdown since our family is used to our thermostat being the primary outdoor thermometer currently...

You can use the Thermostat Controller app released in, I think it was 2.2.4, that allows you to use multiple Zigbee or Z-Wave temperature sensors w/your T6 to manage your cooling/heating. Worth looking at.

1 Like

Yeah, I just saw that myself and I also noticed that there's a built-in thermostat scheduler app as well.

1 Like

Yup - they go together very well...

Anyone know if this reports temperature in integer or decimal?

Reported temperature is decimal. heatSetTemperature and coolSetTemperature are integers.

Hmmm, mine shows decimal, but is always rounded to the ones. 70.0, 71.0, etc.

Good point. I never looked at it that closely.

It really doesn't matter... My graphs look jagged.

If you didn't know, you can enable a setting on your thermostat that moves from 1 degree temperature reporting resolution to 0.5 degree resolution.

Two notes:

• It's not clear that the setting works like one would think it should. I'm not sure if it's this thread or another, but some folks (and I have seen it on my own stat) report that everything just gets reported with a x.5 temperature, skipping the x.0 values.

• You can't change that setting on the driver (whether the built-in or this advanced version,) you have to change it on the stat itself.

3 Likes

Using that setting made my graphs prettier, no more crazy jaggies:

you can see where I turned it on.

1 Like

And as we all know, from a fellow "hates jaggies" person, that is what is important. :wink:

1 Like

...aaaand the number 1 reason for using this driver instead of the standard driver: This driver lets you do whatever you want to do with setpoints. After working with my T6 for about a month, I've noticed that the standard driver has "safety code" that will not let you set the cooling setpoint less than 2 degrees higher than the heating setpoint and vice versa.

Was just trying this as there are too many niggles in the HE driver still. I have been using the Generic driver but it lacks the Pro commands.
There are at least 2 items in this driver that are making me go back to Generic :frowning:

1. If you go down by 0.5 degrees C it works fine but if you go up it always rounds up to the next degree. I need 0.5 accuracy when in C, that's the beauty of this thermostat.
  2. the Dashboard gets F information when you are in C mode.
2 Likes

What are you using to log and graph the data?

I am using node red, before that I used hubigraph.

2 Likes