Refrigerator temperature logs

Is there any way to show a log of temperatures recorded by a temperature monitor? I would like to know how long my fridge has gone above 40 degrees, and for how long. I’ve use hubigraphs to see a line chart, but I would like to see a log of temps without having to be local to see them as with hubigraphs.

You'll need to log externally to an always on device. I use Splunk.

You can also use Influx DB/grafana/nginx proxy

Influx db to store the data from Hubitat

Grafana to visualize it

NGINX Proxy to secure the connection to grafana from outside your network.

All of thag can be done on a $35 raspberry pi.

It does need to be always on to capture the event data. I have a image with all of that on another thread if you want to try it.

1 Like

If you don't need all local devices you can use one of the cloud based temperature logging services and their hardware.

SensorPush (with their hub) generates nice graphs, will alert on mobile, and can integrate with HE.
(On our deep freezer)

Ecowitt (with bridge) can also graph temp/humidity over time, can send alerts to your phone, and integrate with HE.

(On our fridge with an indoor temp sensor)

Thanks to @aaiyar I recently got into the Ecowitt hardware and have been getting more sensors. Neat stuff.

1 Like

If you set up a VPN you can view your graphs from anywhere. Any method you use you will need to setup some kind device like an Rpi or always on computer, Setting a VPN would be just as easy, IMO

I do this and BTW, webcore has added all of the hubigraphs features to it. I have moved all my graphs over to webcore as it is actively being maintained. The webcore version has made many improvements over hubigraphs.

1 Like