Refresh issues: Device Button vs. Custom Action

@bcopeland I was working on trying to make my "scene setting" more reliable and came across something that seemed a bit odd relating to my Jasco outlets (one was a dual outlet/dual control switch, one was a dual outlet/dual control dimmer, and one was a single dimmer outlet).

I had a routine that was invoking the "refresh()" custom action for these devices (as a "actuator").

For whatever reason, that didn't seem to actually cause them to refresh/update properly. I ran it several times--and they didn't "sync up" the hub's device state with reality.

However, the moment I clicked the "Refresh" button in the Device editor, it did so immediately.

Do you have any thoughts on how/why this might be? Things I might try?

Also, is there any difference in the result of a "refresh()" custom action vs. doing a "Device Refresh" as a RM command?

Looking at the logs after the fact, the debug info would indicate that "refresh()" is being called in all 3 situations. Was this just bad luck in that the first few didn't work (I only enabled debug logging on the device after I notice the issue--then it seemed to work; a corollary to Murphy's Law).

ALSO: it seemed that doing a refresh from the parent device had NO impact on the children--I was kinda hoping for the dual controlled devices, it would have caused both children to refresh.

Thoughts?

Thanks!