Recording UniFi Cameras When HSM Mode is Away

Hello,

I'd like to turn the recording of a few UniFi cameras on or off based on HSM's status.

If HSM is set to Home, I'd like to disable recording.
If HSM is set to Away, I'd like to enable recording on a few particular cameras.

Has anyone had success integrating with Ubiquiti UniFi Protect/cameras? If so, any tips you could share?

Thank you.

1 Like

@tomw has a really nice driver. Not sure about specifically recording but I use it for our G4 doorbell and picking up smart detection from the other cameras.

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention, @markbellkosel84

I don't support changing the recording modes in my driver today, but I just did an experiment and can add it (and enable switching between always/never/motion).

I can add this functionality, but I'm not familiar with HSM. @jsfinn, if I add custom commands to my driver to support this, will that work for you? For example, if you can trigger a Rule Machine rule on an HSM settings change, then you could call a custom command on my driver to make the setting.

2 Likes

This sounds incredible. Thank you, @tomw! I would certainly look into it this weekend when I have some downtime.

I made this update and released it as version 1.3.2 in HPM.

There's a new command, setRecordingMode, with a parameter that needs to be either always, motion, or never. Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

2 Likes

This is so generous, internet stranger. I can't wait to tinker with this later on. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you! Thank you!

1 Like

That's how they roll around here. Great group.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing. I'll do more testing later but this seems to work exactly like I was hoping for. @tomw, you're really incredible. Thank you so much!

1 Like