Record Status of Light to reinstate later

Hello all
I have a scene called Movie Time. When I activate it almost all of the lights in the house turn off, except the kitchen light is set to 20%, and the lights in the living room are set to 10%, and a Hue Bloom is set to red at 50%.

What I want to do is when I say "alexa turn on movie time" I want it to capture the status of all of the lights in the house, so when the movie is over I can say "alexa turn off movie time" and all of the lights will go back to where they were before the movie.

Thank you!!!

Not sure it's possible with your various lights or not I it depends on the driver I think. You can set variables = to device attributes.

Create a virtual switch that turns on and off when movie time is on and off.. When movie time turns on then read the state of the dimmers and switches into global variables.

When movie time turns off execute a routine that uses those variables to set them back.

Make a rule that is triggered by your Movie Time virtual device turning on. First action is to Capture those devices you want to restore later. Then Wait for Movie Time to turn off, followed by Restore.

Like this (edit the Capture for the lights you want to capture/restore -- don't go overboard, do the ones that matter):

2 Likes

I saw the capture device but was not 100% sure what it did, that is good to know.