Record or transfer attribute value (via rule, device, or app)

Hi there,

Is there a way to record or transfer an attribute value from a device to a different attribute on a different device? For instance, I want to use a Virtual Dimmer to control the Hue, Saturation, and Level of a color light bulb. (I'd like even better for a single dashboard button that worked correctly on mobile and desktop browsers, but there isn't one, even with the custom color picker mentioned on the forums)

So, if I change the dimmer value of my VD to 20, I want the Hue to change on my 3 zigbee generic RGBW devices.

I can't figure out a way to link the attributes, or to record an attribute from one device in a variable and then set another attribute in another device to that value. I've also looked at smartools.io and IFTTT and they don't seem to have a solution either. Hopefully I'm missing something.

Appreciate the help!

mw

Try wato

3 Likes

Thank you! This works perfectly, and since I can set multiple devices, I don't even have to use rule machine to sync them. Basically,

WHEN [VD_1] ATTRIBUTE level :arrow_up:︎:arrow_down:︎ THEN [Living Room Overhead 1, Living Room Overhead 2, Living Room Overhead 3] : setHue([VD_1] : level)

and repeat for saturation and level.

thanks again,
mw

Hello Mr. Gift Horse, you have mighty fine teeth!

I would like to add a feature request. I'd like to do math. As in,

Value/100*(6500-2700)+2700
This would give me the value to plug into a ColorTemperature setting so I could have a slider for that also. Right now, there is no way to convert the flat 1-100 of a dimmer into anything else.

Thank you sir,

Also,
If anyone tries what I did, it looks like you also need a rule machine set that turns the VD's back on if they ever get turned off, as your fat fingers will eventually turn one off while using the dashboard sliders, making things break.

MW