Recommended Z-Wave Bulbs?

So true. It was very cool for a brief time. I mostly buy the rgbw lights for the extended CT range and use Apple’s Adaptive Lighting with nearly all of my lights. It’s nice to have the 2000K in a dimly lit room at night and if you need it to be brighter, the CT increases with the brightness level. That was a big WAF win as 2000K at 100% brightness is terrible.

1 Like

That would not fly at our house. My wife does not like NOT being in control of these things. Even simple automations like motion lighting has to be "gently" incorporated.

The cool thing about that though is it has really helped when designing automations for clients. The simpler and less intrusive setup is a great starting point.

2 Likes

Some of Philips's dumb LED bulbs do that adaptive dimming thing (warm/low, cooler brighter) these days -- it's their "Warm Glow" effect

1 Like

She wanted them to work like incandescent bulbs, very warm at low levels and soft white when the light is turned up. She prefers the cooler white during the day as well, so it was the perfect solution and I didn’t have to create any rules to make it happen. She mostly shouts at Alexa and Siri for dimmer levels although I do have wall control in every room as well.

1 Like

I have them in the smaller bathrooms and downstairs hallway. They are the only non smart bulbs in the house, but of course they are on Zigbee dimmers.

2 Likes

My wife is old school and rarely engages our Alexa beyond the kitchen timer which I totally respect.. She also likes consistency in her lighting temp apparently. I could play around with level though... :thinking:

1 Like

Go forth and get into trouble :joy:

1 Like

I made a post the other day. I have some Inovelli items that I'm not going to use for sale:

1 Fan Light Switch (LZW36) is new $75
6 Red Dimmers (LZW31) all new $50 each
5 White Blubs (LZW41) two were used but still work fine $20 each

$475 total and I'd love to let them all go as one set for $425. Shipping will depend on where you are and I'd rather not ship out of the USA.

Let me know if you are interested in those.

The first Smart LAMPs (bulbs grow in gardens LOL) I bought were Domitech, 4 years ago , they are still sold and the 2 I have will be replaced with Zigbee Lamps soon, so I will be totally away from Zwave and the hassles in pairing and re-pairing and re-writing rules ( although I believe you can do a replace function in HE C7?)

So you still have these , DM me if you do.

Funny. That has been my exact experience with Zigbee. I have (or will soon) get rid of all of my Zigbee except for 3 motion sensors. I've tried Cree, Sylvania, Sengled, and Innr. all have been problematic except the Innr, they worked great but caused problems with my Hue Motion Sensors.

The Inovelli bulbs were a bit problematic at first, but have been rock solid for a couple of years now. they can be paired without S0, using the hub, it is some convoluted series of on-and-off timed just right to get it to pair without, and that is still pretty flakey. it is much easier just to use a UZB stick and the PC Zwave controller.
I have also tried Shelly, Lifx, and Hue bulbs, and in general, the Inovelli bulbs over all have been the most reliable, and least problematic for me to use.

1 Like