Recommended driver for Graber Somfy zwave Blinds?

Well, I don’t have the Graber, but I have 6 Somfy Glydea drapes. Two are in the bedroom on the windows, in a group.

Here are the pros and cons I discovered.

Pros: having them in a group avoids “popcorn effect”, and they move in unison. Automations are easier, just open/close/MyPosition for the bedroom.

Cons: none, really, except for a “feature”, having to do with how Somfy implements the “My Position” feature. The “My Position” command is the same as the Stop command. If the Stop command is sent while the drapes are moving, the drapes stop (whether for the group, if both are moving, or a single drape, if only one is moving). If the Stop (i.e., My Position) command is sent while the drapes are stopped, the drapes move to the preset “My Favorite Position”. The difficulty occurs if an external grouping is done, as in Alexa. If you create an Alexa Group of, for example, Office Drapes, Dining Room Drapes, etc., and include the individual Left and Right Bedroom Drapes and also the group Bedroom Drapes, then, if you tell Alexa to move all the drapes to My Position, then, the command is sent to the individual drapes in the group and then to the group. The first command starts motion to the preset favorite position, then the second command stops motion.

Our solution is to have a Telis 5 channel remote hanging on the wall behind the drapes, with one channel for the left window’s drapes and a second channel for the right window’s drapes. That way, if we ever wanted to control each window individually, we could. Everything else just operates the group to move both in unison. Interestingly, we have never controlled them individually except for initial testing.

The reason we don’t have separate wall controls for the group and for each separate drape is that the Decoflex wall controls only control 5 items, so we have one button for the bedroom drapes group and the other 4 buttons control the other 4 Glydea drapes in the house. Each room has the same 5 button Decoflex control

That’s how/why we did it.

1 Like

I just looked...it doesn't appear that I can actually add a group of shades (created through groups and scenes) to a Rule Machine automation. Only shades individually.

I do experience non synchronized shades in this config. I.e. one starts before the others.

I was talking about Somfy groups, sorry that wasn’t clear.

Hi - sorry for the necro post, but I've got some Somfy roller shades that are exhibiting this exact same behavior and they're on firmware version 11.02. I didn't purchase them from Zebrablinds so I can't really contact their support.

Would you be willing to share the 11.03 firmware files with the community? Thanks!