Recommendations for Zigbee plug-in repeater

Let us know if it helps. It will take a few days to know.

1 Like

Yes they are VERY easy in my opinion (especially compared to the steps for similar zwave tools) Visit the everything xbee page.

Well - the Centralite plug seems to have stopped routing any of the devices and the Samsung plug seems to have taken over (even though it is further from the devices and from the hub).

I have 3 other Sengled bulbs that are not showing up here, so should i assume that they are connected directly to the hub? The lights have been behaving, so that's a good thing!

The outcost on "inside zigbee repeater" is very high ...... not surprised that devices aren't routing through it.

1 Like

No. They would show up as child devices if that were the case. They are just more than 2 hops away I guess.

The Samsung plug has a stronger signal most likely.

1 Like

That is strange - I only have Sengled bulbs that (I believe) don't repeat and the 2 plugs, so wouldn't they show up? They work as they should, so this is more of a curiosity than need!

That table is dynamic, Many devices will not show up at any particular moment of time. If I might make a suggestion - it is worth investing in two things:

1. A UZB3 and PC Controller to monitor the z-wave network
  2. An xbee3 to monitor the zigbee network

Thanks - I've been thinking about this. However, I don't have a Windows PC at home (all Apple), so I'm not sure if this will work. I do have Windows in a VM on one of the MacBooks but I don't have a definitive "Yeah it will work" - any thoughts?

I'm all Mac as well.

1 Like

Is this ACC-UZB3-U-STA the one that you are recommending? I'm guessing that PC Controller will work on a Mac with Parallels :crossed_fingers:t4:

I think I will hold off on the Zigbee stuff (can't justify $100 for monitoring 6 bulbs :astonished:)

1 Like

That's the one I bought (I think from mouser.com).

It should. If not, Sun/Oracle Virtualbox works as well.

Someone recently posted a build to make three of these for $100. Find two others, and you can get yours for $33! :smile:

1 Like

Here's the info:

2 Likes

Thank you! I tried finding your post earlier, but failed - so I’m grateful that you linked to it here.

1 Like