Recommendations for Porch Light IP Cameras?

My home was built in the early 90s, so my wiring is always about as bad as I could possibly have for home automation, no C-wire for thermostat, no Neutrals for light switches, etc.

Because of this, I figure a porch light camera is probably going to be easier to install than a doorbell cam.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Wifi IP cameras that work with Hubitat and ideally:

• Have infrared night vision
  • Record locally to an SD card or something for easy viewing history, autowiping older content
  • Can adjust the camera to focus on the porch
  • Have 2 way communication
  • Let you use whatever bulb, but give some smart control over the bulb
  • No cloud service

Anyone know of an option that meets all or most of the above criteria? Should I just go with a doorbell solution?

There is no camera officially working with HE. There's an unofficial Rings integration with HE. You can read it here.

There's also this Unifi

The easy way is just use the Ring 2 doorbell.. I think you might even be able to attach a solar charger as well. As far as HE integration - I'm just using a virtual switch (with auto-off) that Alexa sets when the ring button is pushed. I then trigger an Aeotec Siren 6 doorbell sound. I have the wired Ring Pro though.

Edit: The downside is the integration is not as good as other solutions possibly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.