Recommendation for Window Coverings

Hello, I am looking for some recommendations on window covering solutions. I was originally looking at Lutron Serena, but unfortunately, some of our windows are too narrow for their roller shades. The Honeycomb fits, but we aren't crazy about the look. We could go with normal blinds and try to motorize them after, but I'd like to find something that can integrate well, and not have a box attached to the pull cable if at all possible. Z-Wave or ZIgbee will both work in my case. My network on both sides has enough coverage.

Looking for any suggestions from the folks on here.

Cheers,

Phil

I'm using 2" standard louvered blinds with z-wave motor and solar charger for each. expensive but work well. integration with HE/Alexa was flawless.

Check out Zebrablinds:

I’ve bought a few different kinds of shades from them with integrated motor and z-wave over the years (originally when I used ST). Overall I’m pretty happy and they have sales and discount codes that can stack for a pretty decent price in the end.

1 Like

Do they still not offer a manual way to adjust blinds if the system is down? That was the main concern I had w/iBlinds, otherwise it looked very slick.

Ahhh Brilliant, and a Canadian option as well!

I'm on there now.

Cheers,

1 Like

as long as battery has juice you can always push button where adjustment pole used to be to open or close.

has never lost connection though.

OK, thanks. That might be new, I don't think previous versions had that. Nice to know that they have that option.

Unfortunately that might be iffy for the wife, who is, shall we say, height-challenged. ("You can't teach height!!" as our coach used to say.) :slight_smile:

I'm OK risking it, but any automated blinds that doesn't allow my wife to control it directly is a non-starter: "When [implied: not if!] your stuff breaks I still need to be able to open and close the blinds."

I suppose I could get her a stick...

understood - sounds like our wives have been coordinating their attacks :slight_smile:

Mine doesn't really mess with the blinds as long as they open and close as scheduled.

all open at sunrise, close to 30% at 6:30 pm and close to 0% at sunset.
She doesn't even notice them anymore

THAT'S HOW I TOLD HER IT WOULD BE!!!

Oops...that wasn't directed at you. :wink:

I have a feeling I'm just going to include the gear when we order blinds for the remodel. Will be simpler and easier to beg forgiveness for a fait accompli, than try to have any more discussions. :smiley: Thanks for the info!

agreed - that's how i did it. she barely noticed other than me going "hey - look at this; Alexa open kitchen blinds"

1 Like

Just an update. I'm about to pull the trigger on ZebraBlinds. We've chosen our blackouts and now are just waiting for samples for the sheers.

Great pricing and they are very responsive to questions.

Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like