Received cloud request for App 35 that does not exist, path: /intf/location/updated from 174.243.149.217

Oh my. Trying all on this on IPad Browser. Perhaps I should use a PC?

1 Like

It shouldn't matter.... But wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Did another soft reset and older backup, still shows corrupt. So tried again, and instead of restore from back up this time, letting it run its course and seeing I can at least get the hub back online first. I figured I can restore from downloaded backup then or just rebuild again.

Just trying to get back to square one at this point.

Says it’s rebooting but been here for last 5 minutes.

I have had a situation where that stayed on the screen for some time without changing, but if I opened another browser window / tab and went to the Hub's IP it displayed the next steps in the setup process.

Yeah just closed it and went to another browser session and yay! I’m back online. Looks like everything got wiped, but not necessarily a bad thing.

So super leery now to try another restore from back up. Thinking of just slowly adding devices and apps back in being mindful where I start seeing the error messages that brought me here in the first place??

It's up to you, if the setup you had was / is simple enough to re-construct, then it may be the simpler exercise, though I would have thought a restore should have worked. @Bobbyd may be able to help or be interested to look at why the restores would not work for you.

I'd be inclined to give the restore one last try now that you have the hub back up and running, but again, up to you. It would be nice to find the cause of your original issue around the call to the app, but like you mentioned earlier, it may not even appear in your older backups, so.... If you go down the restore route and still have issues, I'd suggest reaching out to HE support to troubleshoot it further.

The z-wave and zigbee radio databases are not wiped by a soft reset so should you want to literally "start from scratch" you'll need to reset both of those as well. Just remember as you add z-wave devices back you'll need to do an exclude and then an include, since the z-wave device still thinks it's paired to the hub.

I have a feeling if you just let things sit for a while you're gonna see that app 35 error come right back. So maybe wait a bit and see before messing with the radios. It would be a shame to go through all that work and not resolve the issue. If you just leave it sit for a bit and see, you can always restore from the most recent backup (rather than an older one) and though you will not have solved the app 35 issue at least you won't have done a whole lot of extra work.

Yeah my set up super simple enough were starting from scratch not that big a deal.. since I only started integration last month. Only had a Garage Door Opener, webcore, a few power meters for laundry alerts and the two mobile devices for push notifications. Plus Alexa and Google Integration.

I’ll take your advice and let things sit for a moment, but how do I reset ZWave and Zigbee radios if I need to?

You'll see the option at the bottom of either the z-wave details or zigbee details page.

Let's give @bobbyD a chance to weigh in. He's good at this stuff :slight_smile:

Sounds good :+1:t3: Thanks for all your help and patience @sburke781 @brad5 @thebearmay . I’ll keep this thread open for now.

2 Likes

Resetting the hub and restorig or not restoring and starting from scratch will not prevent the external service to hit your hub, as others mentioned above. The only way to prevent this error is to identify the service. If it was a Hubitat Mobile app, logging out and removing the app for good measure would solve the problem. If this service is webCoRE presence, removing the link to the hub on the webCoRE side, however the link was created is the only way to stop the error.

3 Likes

Thanks Bobby. For the life of me, there really wasn’t that many apps I installed and removed, and went through all of them and most of which never involved my mobile phones. Only WebCore (for Presence), Action Tiles, and IFTTT. I also never had a Mobile app installed— I only registered mobiles directly on Hubitat Mobile app for presence and Push Notifications.

At this point, none of my app are installed and I can install each one-by-one and see which one creating (or stopping) the error message.

@bobbyD I do want to confirm one thing though. The native Hubitat Mobile app alone with Geo fencing for presence and Push Notifications would not cause this error correct?

Seems very likely it is the webcore presence causing the error.

I am not really familiar with this since I don't use webcore so I have no idea how it works, but from the sounds of it that is probably your issue.

But Webcore was one of the app that was NOT deleted. So not sure why it was looking for a missing app path.

So far, haven’t seen the specific error anymore, but will wait and see. I’ll install webcore after a few days to confirm it the culprit.

1 Like

I think it would be wise to validate your backups are good and can be restored. But I hate to ask you to mess with your hub again!

2 Likes

I'm not sure how webcore works, but with RM each RM rule is listed as a child app of RM. Each child app has its own app number. If it works the same way in webcore, perhaps it's a child app that got deleted?

Yep, I think it was a child app that got deleted or unlinked on the mobile app side of Webcore (WC). The main WC app and WC mobile app was still in used, but WC Presence settings got inactivated based on excessive activity pinging (400-600 per hour).

Since I was on a “refreshed” Hub now, I tested this theory as others mentioned by deleting WC Mobile app altogether, and sure enough, the App 35 pinged me again. A-ha!!

I’ve since re-added WC and the WC mobile app to test if error pinging finally gone away. Fingers-crossed :crossed_fingers:t3:

FWIW, there were several other error pings that got triggered by other apps bc of my soft reset fiasco yesterday. But luckily, I was able to pinpoint each one as I started re-adding my apps systematically and noting which app ID is corresponded with. I say that, bc it would be great to have a utility that tracks Apps by ID numbers.

I’m going make a backup point, but I think I’m going stick with this iteration for now, since it seems to be working and I’m using it for testing any error as I go one-by-one.

Yeah I just meant in general in case you have an issue in the future and need to restore.

1 Like

Thanks again @brad5 and team for all your help. Update: so far so good. Haven’t seen any random pinging since I reinstalled app. At least now I know what it was, and I didn’t brick my entire hub. :smile:

2 Likes