Read Temperature sensor with google home

So I've tried the example temperature averager, and some other stuff along with rule machine. How do I make a temperature sensor recognizable by Google home? It originally worked when I used some app someone made but that no longer works. Seriously I don't know why this isn't built in to automatically send all temperature related sensors to google as a thermostat that Google will recognize. I mean do I have to buy a smart things hub and share all the temperature sensors to it then add them from there? I mean this doesn't seem as complicated as it is. So...

See this

https://community.hubitat.com/t/set-virtual-thermostat-to-temp-of-motion-sensor/54374/10

This integration supports temperature and humidity sensors. And many other device types and traits.

1 Like

So now the regular google home Integration is just refusing to work saying some sh*t about a bad internet connection after I did a full soft reset and set the entire device up again. ■■■■ it I'm getting dimmer switches. There's like 40 steps just to add that integration and I just spent 5 hours reconfiguring everything. I'm not expending that much time to add something that's susceptible to attack via an invisible laser through a window near it's mic. Screw google. Screw amazon and alexa. I'll think about vox commander with multiple mics if I get around to it. I'm done-zel washington. This is retarded on every level.