RE: Show or Hide Disabled Device Toggles

Love this new option! Super handy for me.

Didn't see it. But... Is there a way to keep it always set to show the checkboxes to the left of the devices whenever I open the "Devices" tab? As it is now, I have to tap the "X" for the option to show the boxes (unless some are disabled) every time I open the page. Would be nice if it just stayed there :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

1 Like

If you have any disabled devices, the column should be visible by default. If you don't, it will be hidden by default (but in either case can be toggled). I am not aware of any built-in way to always display them in this latter case.

(Or of anything that has changed recently to make this "new" since it's been that way for a few years now. :smiley: )

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I noted that it only shows when disable (per the documentation).

Wow, somehow... I just noticed recently that "X" was there. And only because someone here mentioned it lol. Thought they said it was new as well. Weird as it is really obvious and I'd have thought I;'d have noticed "that" guess not! haha.

Anyways, yes, as I asked, I want it on all the time, Might be a nice update :wink:

Thanks again.

Vote me as against this. I only want it there if something is broken - it’s a visual clue.

1 Like

Well, I'd not expect it to be permanent. I'd more likely expect it would be a option to select them as always show, or not.

I'm not really power user adept here. So, something broken could cause the setting to show "disabled"? I just thought it was something you'd manually do?

If you use hub mesh and remove a device from the hub that has the actual device, it shows as disabled on the hub it is meshed to. Makes it easy to swap a device out, as you can see easily what device you have removed. It also makes it easy to see if all the meshes are working after a reboot.

1 Like

Ahh, good to know. I'm not using hub mesh so I never looked that over much. Thanks!