Rabbitair Minusa2

Just out of curiosity anyone else have one of these? Thoughts on making an integration with it? The only thing I can find that it integrates with currently is Alexa. The phone app has a lot of settings and would be very helpful for me to automate in my new cigar lounge.

You could consider Alexa custom commands or Google Assistant Relay. I don't see an API on their site.

I don't see a google integration and I don't have alexa...but are you saying if I did, I could connect it to Alexa and then control it from HE with an integration?

Yeah. Least expensive entry now is the Echo Dot. There's a custom command option at the bottom of the list in the Alexa routines.

On HE, you use this custom driver code and create a virtual switch that also has the motion sensor capability.
In the Alexa routine you specify that when that device (which in that part of the routine will how up as a motion sensor or contact sensor) detects motion, then do the custom command. The custom action is whatever you would normally say. For simple ON/OFF, that's probably supported via their skill, so you won't need a custom command for that.

That's a solution! Once setup do I need to keep the Echo Dot plugged in?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don't think so, I think it just needs to be part of your account, but not 100% sure on that. Being an Alexa and Google Home owner, neither is ever intentionally offline in my home. But you can mute it if you have to have it plugged in and don't want it listening in your home. There's a distinctive solid red ring that lights up around the top when the mic is muted,

I'm rolling now...just using the Alexa App on my phone allowed me to link the RabbitAir to my Alexa...now off with the code you sent!!

@SmartHomePrimer Holy crap, thanks! Not only did that work but I was able to use my phone instead of an echo dot...and I've not got on/off control. However I have so many more setting available that I can create more switches to do what i want. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at all the commands: Alexa Commands for MinusA2 SPA-780N – Rabbit Air

Cool. So can you create routines that will run when the app isn't open on your phone? That's what I thought was the limitation based on what others here had written, but maybe that's no accurate. :man_shrugging:

well.. thanks for that... the app must have been running in the background on the phone. So looks like I will need a dot. But that's OK. I'm sure I can get a dot pretty cheap and leave it in the basement with the mic off. Again, thank a ton!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.