RA2 (full) Questions

Not currently. As stated above, the request has been made. I thought that the HE team was working on additional button LED functionality, but it has not yet materialized. @bravenel may have some comment on it.

If I'm reading your question correctly, you are looking for something equivalent to a 1 button Pico? If so, then not easily. I'd personally go for a 2 button Pico. Not quite as consistent of look as a Maestro toggle, but easy and not too expensive. I've not done it, but you might be able to install a "dumb" Maestro switch with a Qubino Relay with Dry Contact Switch. Not sure if that would work or not.

@Cal How did you get an integration ID for that switch? When I print out my integration report it only shows keypads and Picos, none of the RRD-8ANS switches or RRD-PRO dimmers.

This is certainly needed. It is great to see if someone left a light on (or door unlock maybe) with a quick look.

Interesting approach, so the logic would be when dry contact switch is "on" do xyz. I think that might work. Long way to go for her look, but ... wives.

On my integration report, they appear under the heading "Zone Room, Zone Name, ID", it's easy to miss them.

The other thing you can do is telnet into the main repeater, and then press the switch. The output of the repeater will tell you what the device ID is of the button you just pressed. It should show up as ?Device,ID, in the output

@Cal That was what i missed, thank you!! :bowing_man: That's means I can use a RR2 switch as a "load-less" trigger. Awesome sauce.

Now if @bravenel has any updates on LED control we would have a truly "integrated" system. I have faith in the community, just hope there are enough RR2 users out there to make it a higher priority.

Remind me what it is that you want.

The Lutron Radio RA2 Keypads have an LED next to each button. We would love to have control of that LED (currently it gives status only). That way the LED could be off/on when a HE device is off/on. Currently it can turn the device on/off but LED stays off unless controlling a RR2 device.

Ex. - Smart Outlet on/off when Keypad button 4 is pushed - Keypad LED 4 on/off when Smart Outlet is on/off

Thanks!

Here are some additional details from the feature request.

This was partially implemented before, but the driver was not updated. This feature will be in the next release. Rule Machine will be able to turn the leds on/off with Custom Action.

5 Likes

@bravenel I cannot seem to to get this command right. Could someone please check my settings? It looks like it is ready i am just doing something wrong.

Basic Rule

Log Error

Ra ID

You can't send a Lutron command to a keypad like that. What are you trying to do? What command are you trying to run?

Trying to control the button LED with an event.

In this example "If Sonos is playing Turn Button 2 LED on" another rule would turn the LED off if Sonos is paused.

I would also like to use it for "Room monitoring" - If light XYZ is on, Turn Button LED Y ON. If light XYZ is off, Turn Button LED off.

Command for on - #Device,28,82,9,1 (tested via telnet to make sure it worked)

Command for off - #Device,28,82,9,0 (tested via telnet to make sure it worked)

It also works if I send the command directly from the Lutron Telnet Device in "send message".

However I do not see a way to select the Lutron Telnet as a device so I can then send the command via RM.

The LED on/off commands will be available in the next release.

Was this implemented? If so, can you tell us how to use the feature? Thanks

Yep, love it. I keep my rules basic so here are 2 samples

Sonos

Lights

You can always check the release notes category to see what was in each platform update. Better yet, set a notification for the catagory and you’ll know when each update is released.

Thanks for replying. I'm trying to do exactly what you describe in the Light example. I'm stuck on programming the Action. I can't figure out where to define my Lutron Keypad/Button LED anywhere in the Actions menu. It only gives me the switches on my system.

EDIT: Use "Run Custom Action". Then "button" as capability. See below (updated)

Parameters 4 = 4th button LED down from the top

If you still stuck let me know

You're a star! Thanks so much, I never would have figured that out...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.