Quotra Zigbee dimmers

Anyone tried these? Just popped up, and the first slider-style dimmers I've seen.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVL9SZF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3SAEBbRKSRXP2

Haven't tried it myself, but reviews suggest that it's ZLL (rather than ZHA) and capable of pairing to the Hue Bridge (presumably as a dimmable ["white?"] "bulb"), so if you have the Hue hub and the Hubitat/Hue app integration enabled, it should work through that--but even if not, ZLL should "fall back" to ZHA and pair to Hubitat directly, even if just as a "Device." You could then see if either the generic ZigBee dimmer or generic ZigBee bulb drivers work. WIthout even having it, I strongly suspect at least the latter would given the device's behavior with the Hue hub. (If/when they had an official ST DTH, it could probably be ported easily; I'm not sure if people who claim they are using it that way now are doing so through the Hue integration SmartApp.)

But, the real answer: I don't have one and can't say for sure. Pretty reasonably priced, though, if anyone wants to try. :wink:

@kilowatts - did you ever try these? They now have a very reasonably priced RGBWW strip out and I was curious if they worked with HE. ETA - I'm trying to stay away from needing a Hue bridge.

I havent, but I believe some over on the ST forums have.

I did I paired one of these today, works great good and bright and has excellent adhesive tape on the backside of the strip..... instantly paired using the 'Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)' driver.

EDIT: Sorry I did the light strip this one here https://www.amazon.com/Quotra-Wireless-ZigBee-Lights-Required/dp/B07JHL6DRV/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=zigbee+light+strip&qid=1555733787&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Shouldnt that device be using the rgbw driver?

You would think so.....that is what it paired with and it worked fine immediately, (even though I'm just using it for white only) rgb isn't needed in my case, so I left it as is.

I did change to the Generice Zigbee RGBW Light driver to test the color changing and it works fine with it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.