Quicker way to access dashboard?

To access the hubitat dashboard on my phone:
open the hubitat app > connect to hub > dashboards > select dashboard

Is there a way to go straight to the dashboard from the phone home screen and save a few button pushes and waits?

Switching to a different dashboard app is a possibility if that's what it takes.

I'm using a C-8 and a pixel 6 running mobile app 1.6.12.

On the Web UI go to Apps > Hubitat Dashboard > Menu and Links

From there you can get a local or cloud link directly to a specific dashboard, open it in your phone browser and then save that to the home screen as a bookmark.

5 Likes

You can save a link to the dashboard on your homescreen to open it in Chrome. There's a few different ways to do this, the easiest may be to navigate to the hub in Chrome, open dashboard and then choose to add it to your homescreen.

Back on the app, when you were describing the process, I don't believe you need to connect to the hub if you have already done so last time you opened the app.

3 Likes

As an aside, you can also look into the Android dashboard community app. Amazing capabilities and support.

1 Like

Thanks all,
JTP10181, Sburke781- That worked. I now have a cloud link and local link on my phone.

Sburke781- the process described was the way I had figured out to navigate the menus. There's probably a better way. Last night, I got the hub to recognize my phone as a device (laptop was used when i did the hub setup). That seems to have changed how I enter the menu.

Danabw- I will have to take a look at the android dashboard. So far, I've been trying to put together something that allows me to operate and automate my devices conveniently. once I have it functioning, I can look at refining my basic dash.

It didn't seem relevant to the question I asked, but I'll describe my system. I have 2 hubs (house and remote outbuilding) connected with ethernet and hubmesh. I can operate the shed lights and door lock remotely with an aeotech wallmote quad or with the phone or pc. The only smart stuff in the house is the locks, but I expect to work in a few lights and motion sensors as time allows.

1 Like