Questions on the new Built In webCoRE

Hi all, I'm a new Hubitat user, sorry in advance for the noob questions. I've used webCoRE for years on SmartThings but I have a few questions about the new built-in implementation on Hubitat.

1. Can the webCoRE dashboard be accessed remotely? I use the iOS webCoRE app and I was noticing it wouldn't load when off my local network. I know the pistons run locally on the hub, but is the whole thing hosted on Hubitat?

2. I want to execute some pistons remotely by calling their URL through the iOS Shortcuts app. In SmartThings I used to use the piston's external URL (see screenshot), but will this work from outside my local network? I see the base URL is cloud.hubitat.com/api — that sounds like a cloud function, but again I'm kind of confused as to what's hosted where and if I need to set up remote access subscription to the hub to use that feature.

Thanks for any insight!

I assume you are using a browser and dashboard.webcore.co on your device?

I'm not sure what webCoRE app you are referring to on your phone.

When using dashboard or staging, it should work from any browser once you register.

This wiki has a lot of information - see "How webCORE on HE works"

2 Likes

Thanks. I checked out the "How webCoRE on HE works" and I think it answered my questions. Seems like the dashboard is hosted in the same place it was for SmartThings. I'm not sure why it wasn't loading for me away from home, but maybe just a coincidence.

The iOS webCoRE app is here: ‎webCoRE on the App Store

It's just an iOS app wrapper for the dashboard, but it's great if you're an iOS user. Feels like a native app instead of having to open in a browser. Also, at least with SmartThings, it could function as a presence sensor.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.